Adding fiberglass to an existing gas tank.

colehooey

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have an odd idea. I want my gas tank to be longer and similar to the Norton Manx but don't think I have the ability to build one or alter my existing one with aluminum so my plan is this: Take and shape foam around an existing tank to get the shape I want and the fiberglass over the whole works, making one, unified tank. Does any see any immediate issues with this idea?

i think you better off buying a glass manx copy ,,, they are around at reasonable prices,,,, or go for an alloy tank still manx style ,,, maybe look up twins-inn.de....... i think the sell tanks .... worth a look regards oldbiker

hmmm twins-inn.de is in german and i tried looking around at the page and couldn't find any tanks for sale. as far as other places that sell norton copies, the only ones i saw were about $800 which is pretty far out of my price range for me. do you have any other links for cool cafe-esque tanks? doesn't necessarily have to be manx replicas.

Go to the search feature under shirts and type in tanks. If less than a dozen links turn up I would be very surprized. If thats not enough go to Do the Ton.com do the same to their search engine.

Back