Anybody use center stand on a hardtailed frame?

How do you get the beer fairy to stop? Do you have to loose your baby beers and put them under your pillow?

Shovelheadsd,check out Voodoo Vintage frames for the Suzuki Savage,they have a center stand on a hardtail.I'm putting center stands on 3 bikes i'm currently building,an XS 650,a Savage,and a 32 Harley VL.If you build your frame correctly,you can tuck a nice little stand up in between the frame rails where you can hardly see it.Make it flow with the rest of the frame/bike,show some creativity.Isn't that what building your own ride is supposed to be about?And yes,some people have no imagination, and marginal skills when it comes to clean fabrication and incorporating old ideas into their "BUILDS".

I haven't done it but I have considered it. Lots of old rigid frame bikes had center stands from the factory.

Amazingly enough, Harley listed a center stand on Shovels as an option but I've never seen one nor could I imagine what sort of effort it would take to put a Hog on the stand.

IMG_6652A.jpg

IMG_7562B.jpg

center_stand.jpg

:thumbsup:

Sheeeeesh... another thing I have to buy from David for my MK4! Looks like you could make that stand/battery tray as a bolt on kit!

Add on a mount for a Monstercraftsman tensioner and some footpegs and whammo!

Voodoo: That's fucking awesome, and pretty much exactly what I was picturing as I read this thread. Everyone that said they're big and ugly: silenced.

In my opinion, bikes look great on a centerstand, too, wheel straight forward, no lean. That's usually how they look when we're riding them.

Thanks for the compliments guys!!!

Fink... Not sure, but since all the contraption is located behind the cross member, I could only assume it would work! Though... I've never tried it??

OakBehringer: I agree fully! I love the look of a bike on a center stand! Much more "proud"!!!

How about putting some spools on the swingarm and using a stand like the new sportbike guys use? I made one for my dragbike. It took alot of starring and head scratching but worked out perfect. Holds the back end up so I can run the motor and do any adjustments needed. Stows away so I don't have junk hanging under the frame when riding.

Yup,some people do "get it"...thanks for posting the pics there Vintage. Where can i buy a hairpin spring like the one you show? McMaster-Carr?

Back