Anyone riding today ?

Crap, I pronged a curb with my CAR last night, youse warm weather guys are just BAITING us poor nordern bustards!

It was a slow-mo, as I slid gently towards the curb, the brain came on and I pointed the wheels at the curb so the tire just bumped up over the curb instead of hitting it sideways and bending an A-arm or worse. Then just a touch late, I went home and put the Blizzaks all around the car and and the back of the van. Duh-oh.

The only thing I'm riding to-day is my snowblower. The snow just keeps falling:yikes:

Attachments

• Ariens snowblower 1.JPG
    Ariens snowblower 1.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 107
rode down the drive way and back to keep the battery charged and the went back in the house,30deg. and about 3" of snow/ice, I don't mind rind'n in the cold it's the ice and snow thats hard on the knees and back.

I was just out in the garage, checked the oil and stuff, looked at few things I need to do but will wait for a warmer day to do them , and fired mine up ( started right away like normal.)Way too cold for me today and the wind seems to be coming from every direction at the same time . A bit of snow this morning too . Took the battery out and put it on the trickle charger .

Finally got the bike out of the safe storage shed and took it for a spin this morning. Back at my place now and will clean her up and use as my daily rider again until the next storm heads this way.

Attachments

• DSCF4369.jpg
    DSCF4369.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 103
The weather warmed up today
Short sleeve warm. :)
I went out for a ride to lake Okeechobee and back.
the ride took 4 hours.
I just washed her and she is ready to go out again. :bike:

Almost bought it the other day when I hit some black ice on a bridge. I got sideways and managed to straighten the bike out by cranking the throttle to full. Did a bit of a wheelie when we regained traction. Changed my underwear later. I think that I will concede winter and put the bikes up.

I ride every day. That's how I get to work. Mid twenties is as bad as it's been so far. My ride home is usually much more pleasant. It was 61F this afternoon, so I took the long way home. :bike:

How are things going down there?

Things are ok where I am, thanks for asking.

Not so good further south and the relief effort is ongoing. There is a constant battle with corruption which is affecting the efforts made by honest aid organisations as I'm sure you see in news reports but I think it is very slowly getting back to some degree of normal life for the people affected by all this. A lot of families have relocated to different locations now, many of which are now here.

The weather is back to normal wet season here now, hot days with regular tropical downpours. Rode the XS home from the inlaws last night, 26klm in pouring rain but it's not so bad as it's still quite warm.

Hey Marty Like You I will be riding then too, I think it gets a little hotter up when You live in the summer. But if I'm still kicking I will chime in.
I just got back from riding all day with my buddies.

I'm lucky enough to be up in the mountains. Summer here is just how I like it! :thumbsup:

Well i's 5:50 am and the temp has gone up in the last hour 2 degrees. which is weird it's now 72F I'm going for a predawn ride. Have a good day!

I rode to work at 0530. I was a balmly 55F. I kept it between the rain showers. There were plenty of deer on the road. I had to make a complete stop for them once. They ought to make them where lights, or at least, reflective vests.

Posted via Mobile

I rode to work at 0530. I was a balmly 55F. I kept it between the rain showers. There were plenty of deer on the road. I had to make a complete stop for them once. They ought to make them where lights, or at least, reflective vests.

Posted via Mobile

+1 on making deer wear reflective vests! I used to think they were just timid forest creatures, until a couple of years ago, one of them tried to T-bone me while I was riding my bike in the city here. Motorcycles and Bambi don't mix!

Keeping on topic........................no riding to-day, bike is in the middle of a 6 month sleep, due to something called winter.:)

Back