Autumn/Winter Bikes in the house over the bad weather

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Does any other member put there favourites bike in their house over the Autumn/Winter
DSC_1302.JPG
Leslie's 2008 Ducati S4RS.jpg
Leslie's RGV 250.jpg
r-h 1.jpg

About 25 years ago I finished the restoration of my '69 Triumph Bonneville and brought it into the living room for the winter and out of the way of the Karmann Ghia, dirt bikes, street bikes and racing Kart. But I liked it so much in this spot that it has stayed.

1662638874107.png

Then a few years later I set up an indoors heated winter workshop to supplement the garage shop. I bring in one bike at a time to work on over the coldest months. In this case, it was the '73 DT3; every tank has to come off cuz the gas furnace is in the room.

1662639562841.jpeg

Here working on my '75:

1662639471894.jpeg

Does any other member put there favourites bike in their house over the Autumn/Winter

Clearly you’ve never met my wife! 😆 I can do whatever I want to the garage, but the inside of the house is her territory!
Really nice bike collection btw. 😉

Edit: Besides…..winter is our riding season in sunny Arizona!

Artic both have a different character, the speed twin & S4RS are both very fast bikes the S4RS i could take on a track day, and the Speed Twin touring
Reason for me asking, is that I have done close to 100 000 km on a M600, which has pretty much identical ergonomics to the S4 Monster, but just half the HP (still enough for most roads in Norway though :) ) And maybe 20 000 km on a ST2. Then I did a test ride on a T120, and found it very easygoing and comfy, but a bit heavy and "bland" compared to both Ducs. That led me to think about the Speed Twin.....

Reason for me asking, is that I have done close to 100 000 km on a M600, which has pretty much identical ergonomics to the S4 Monster, but just half the HP (still enough for most roads in Norway though :) ) And maybe 20 000 km on a ST2. Then I did a test ride on a T120, and found it very easygoing and comfy, but a bit heavy and "bland" compared to both Ducs. That led me to think about the Speed Twin.....
Artic, If I had to choose it would be the Speed Twin......but close

I used to keep my bikes in the house. Kept an old iron head, 2 xs650s and an rd in their own room. Then I got married, so, we know how that went.
Well, when I got divorced, I moved 1700 km south, and got a new job, that came with a company house. I kept the Ducati Monster in the living room dining area, which had a sliding glass patio door, and a full height window next to it. Curtains? Hell no! But 3 bright halogen spotlights shining on the bike. Let's say my new neighbours knew of me before we even met 😁

My attached garage stays above the mid to high 40's all winter without heat. I add a small 600w heater occaissionally when outside goes below 0 and garage temps approach 38/39. I have all the comforts of inside, outside (except a warm wife) if I wear a sweatshirt or fleece.

Back