Big Ass Smile

fullercameron

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Glad I had a face shield because I'd have a mouth full of bugs otherwise. Got to take the first ride this weekend. Still having some glitches but I'm on my way to finally getting some fun out of all the work.

Thanks to everyone here that has helped along the way. I am feeling a huge sense of satisfaction at the fact that I am really the only person, other than the machinist and a friend that helped me sew the seat cover, that has worked on this bike since I got it. I've certainly learned a lot (and screwed up a number of times too). I'm hoping that with a few tweaks, I'll be able to enjoy it for a couple of months before I try my hand at a few more upgrades over the winter.

After five years of starts and stops, I am glad I have spent all the time I have going through this whole process. It's pretty awesome to roll down the road on a machine that is forty years old and in boxes only a few months ago.

Attachments

• finishedxs2lr.jpg
    finishedxs2lr.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 106
  • finishedsx2lr2.jpg
    finishedsx2lr2.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 88
Good job, and congratulations. Makes me think about which of todays bikes will have a following 40 years from now.

That's a beautiful machine, love the seat :-D
Got mine on the road this weekend, too. Fun machines. I'm inlove.

That looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person so I can see what mines supposed to look like. :bike: And I still need to get those measurement's. :D

Looks great! Hard to beat the satisfaction of a long job coming to a successful end. Uh have you noticed you have a tree in your garage?

Back