Big bore Kit

Dot Heton

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched one of Hugh's videos where he says he used a Heiden tuning big bore kit, is it the same as the one MikesXS is selling?:shrug:

I believe you mean Hoos Racing. At least that is what Hugh uses from what I have seen and it is not the same as Mikes.

mikes sell the heiden kit - google heiden tuning & have a look at their product range - same stuff as mikes

Sort of wish that someone would make XS big bore kits with Nicasil instead of traditional liners. Better cooling, more wear resistant, and lighter weight.
Athena in Italy make a lot of different cylinder kits, but mostly mx/offroad/125 cc/ mopeds. Nothing for the XS

There are numerous companies that will do the coating for you.

Hmmm, weld-on cylinder spigots, rebore to max, fill the upper cylinder flange reliefs, deck the block, nicasil coat the whole cylinder...I bet we're pushing 1000cc. Maybe more with a big block.

Then throw in a 533 crank and rods....

There are numerous companies that will do the coating for you.

Hmmm, weld-on cylinder spigots, rebore to max, fill the upper cylinder flange reliefs, deck the block, nicasil coat the whole cylinder...I bet we're pushing 1000cc. Maybe more with a big block.

Then throw in a 533 crank and rods....

Surely doable, but a lot of effort. A cylinder block casting dedicated for Nicasil from the get go would be much preferable IMHO. I am aware that the RD crowd get their cylinders Nicasil coated when bored to the last oversize, by Milennium Technologies. But the cooling properties are still compromised by the cast in steel liner. I have a 1995 Ducati 600, which is aircooled, and has Nicasil cylinders. When I pulled the jugs after around 80 000 km, there was no measurable wear......And that Duc often saw the 9000 rpm red line.....

Big bore Kit from yamahaxs650.com is available again.
Price is $450.00/Kit
Kit includes Big Fin block, 2 80mm. Pistons ( 750cc), ring sets, Piston pins and clips plus
Big Bore top end Gaskets. Free shipping.

@650trader have you reamed/drilled out the stud holes?

Back