Bobber guys - what are you doing for master cylinder?

MUCHADO

uhhhh
Reaction score
I'm running apes on my bobber build and the stock MC is just too bulky... Any suggestions for what front master cylinder I should look for to run? Experiences? Any help is appreciated.

Buy one for a banshee, raptor, blaster or similar. I have one from a newer 350 raptor and it has the brake light switch on it

Downer now that is a steal!!!! I just ordered one myself Its worth a shot. I have a stock angled type MC that sits unlevel on my drag bars.

Posted via Mobile

I got mine from http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/iwannebuy/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Iwannebuy

The first set arrived really scratched up all over with a nick in the lever. I asked him for a new one and he sent a new one while letting me keep the first one. Second one was better but still has the exact same nick in the lever...might be a bad batch issue. Overall I'm happy...I got two master cylinders for $24. All I gotta do know is find a replacement lever for cheap.

That iwannabuy is the same people I posted up I think mikesxs has the lever to fit it don't know the cost or if it does fit but by there picture it looks similar and the master cylinders look the same to match that lever. Part #08-0430

I assume everyone is running braided brake lines with these different MCs? I'm thinking about swapping my stock MC from my '79 Special to better fit the Z-bars I'm running. Trying to decide whether to go ahead and swap the brake line, too.

JAXN
'79 Special Bobber (Black Cat)
'02 Honda SuperHawk (RedTail)

SS braided brake likes will almost always improve your brake feel. I run them on my Raider and was really surprised at the difference it makes. I plan on running them on my xs project as well.

Picked up a 05 GSXR600 radial cheap and used a ZX7r clutch reservoir cup I had laying around as it is smaller than the Suzuki stock cup. Had to go radial cause I couldn't fit a solid mount reservoir with my narrow bars. Had to switch my clutch perch as well as the stock one angled the cable right into my risers.

And a stainless line from Goodridge. Order the length of line you need and what ever angle fittings you need and it just screws together.

Related yet unrelated question - is anyone running a different clutch lever setup? I'd like something a little smaller/shorter, especially if I'm going for a smaller brake MC. Thanks.

Back