Brake Capacity and Dual Front Discs

So to recap:
1. Replace the rubber brake hoses with a one piece braided SS.
2. Inspect the caliper piston (won't be at all surprised if I need to do something about it like a rebuild of the entire caliper).
3. If I'm not happy with the brake capacity I'll go dual front discs. To do this I'll have to do the following:
a. Upgrade the master cylinder.
b. Get two braided SS lines.
c. Install and enjoy.
Sound reasonable?

When you're measuring for the new line, do it with the front wheel off the floor and hanging free, with forks at full extension, then add at least 1.5"; later forks with top-out springs can extend a bit beyond static free length on the rebound.

When you're measuring for the new line, do it with the front wheel off the floor and hanging free, with forks at full extension, then add at least 1.5"; later forks with top-out springs can extend a bit beyond static free length on the rebound.

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion. Don't want it to be too short.

2. Inspect the caliper piston (won't be at all surprised if I need to do something about it like a rebuild of the entire caliper).
3. If I'm not happy with the brake capacity I'll go dual front discs. To do this I'll have to do the following:
c. Get LH Caliper off early xs750 Not Special xs1100 Not Special and get an extra rotor.
d.Get a brake Tee to replace the coupler on the triple or run the two lines from the master cylinder down.
e. Consider an XS750 fork swap.
f. Install and enjoy.
Sound reasonable?

c. Get LH Caliper off early xs750 Not Special xs1100 Not Special and get an extra rotor.
d.Get a brake Tee to replace the coupler on the triple or run the two lines from the master cylinder down.
e. Consider an XS750 fork swap.
f. Install and enjoy.
Sound reasonable?

Sounds reasonable. I already have an extra rotor on hand.

Going to the dual disc you won't need to upgrade the master cylinder. The stock one works great with the dual disc set up.
To improve the single discd brake you need a smaller bore master cylinder. An 11 mm bore works well with a single disc

Back