Can't stop looking at triumph gas tanks...

Inevitable

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I swear ever since I started looking at this site...every time I see a old Triumph gas tank I think what my bike would look like with one on there....how difficult are they to adapt to the xs650's frame?

I swear ever since I started looking at this site...every time I see a old Triumph gas tank I think what my bike would look like with one on there....how difficult are they to adapt to the xs650's frame?

Or you could just have yours repainted, like I did :). Unless you really need to have the knee indentations........

paint-77.jpg

paint-78.jpg

lol Ya I even have a special tank....and ya I think the knee dents and just the slight angle to them just makes that tank pop. without the knee dents though it just looks like a run of the mill tank....It's the subtle things you know?

and yes...those badges...in a word... awesome....

Here's my favorite pic. BTW, scored a pair of real Triumph badges for less than $20 bucks on eBay last night. Something for me to chop up during the winter and refine. That foil on mine isn't nearly as reflective as I would like.
paint-79.jpg

I had a T150 'export' tank fitted to an XS some years back , just a slight tunnel alteration. ...
Also tried the triumph paint style too with a stock SE tank , here;

Attachments

• My oilcooler.jpg
    My oilcooler.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 88
Back