Connector identification and de-pinning help

atom4488

XS650 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score
On my newly acquired '80 XS which has an Mgadget system, the front indicators are connected to the loom with the connector pictured below. Can anyone tell me what type of connector this is and most importantly, how its female pins are removed from the housing?

001.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

They're very close to Suzuki connectors as used on GSXR's. I used a piece of thick stainless lockwire to push the lock tab away. I'll see if I still have some terminals left & get a pic.

If you look down into the plug there's a hole opposite the terminal. There's a small lock tab that needs to be lifted up as you pull the wire from the back of the plug.

If you look down into the plug there's a hole opposite the terminal. There's a small lock tab that needs to be lifted up as you pull the wire from the back of the plug.
Thanks Dunc...I'll fiddle a little more with the pins to see if I can free them up. That still leaves me with the dilemma of finding new pins. May have to change these out for a connector design that is common and well supported with component parts.

On my newly acquired '80 XS which has an Mgadget system, the front indicators are connected to the loom with the connector pictured below. Can anyone tell me what type of connector this is and most importantly, how its female pins are removed from the housing?

View attachment 252141View attachment 252142View attachment 252143
Those look rather like Packard-Delphi connectors : one source here https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/Metri-Pack/metri-pack.html

Back