disk brake blanking plate

adi1974

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi. I have a 78 SE with mags. It had a twin disk set up but I've replaced it with a single Brembo conversion (on the left).

Removing the righthand disk has left some of the hub area exposed around the bolts that held the disk on. I hear that bikes with single disk set ups have some sort of blanking plate that goes over this area and covers up the redundant rotor / disk bolt holes.

I've never seen on of these plates and cant find on from a google search. Anyone know where I could get one? I'm in the UK. Anyone got a photo so I know what to look for?

Or... should I just paint (or powdercoat) that area and fit new bolts into the holes to blank them off individually?

Cheers

Early models used a stamped tin plate, later models used the black plastic version as linked to by WER. If you can find one, the old TX750 twin used a cast alloy version that is so much nicer .....

TX750SpeedoDrive.jpg

The plates for the mag wheels seem to be cogged?
To match the big spokes i imagine.

I never even noticed that before but you're right.

Thanks for that guys. Because I have a brembo conversion from Pandemonium, I have to run the disk on the left (the speedo side) therefore its my right side that needs blanking. Do you think these will work on the non speedo side?

With or without modification? If not I guess I could make up my own blanking plate, paint it and bolt it in place.

Thanks for the help so far

adi1974,
pm or search for Retiredgentlemans post. He has done this.
I think the plate is an either or situation. Left side fits right and vice versa.
The plate doesn't actually have anything to do with the speedo drive?
Like I said the description is a little confusing.

Thanks so much guys. discovered that my local Yamaha place had em in stock for £10 (Fowlers of Bristol) so I walked over and got one. Stoked. I can confirm it fits perfectly well on the right side too. Cheers

Back