Early '70 to '73 silencers

Grewth

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
What are restorers doing for silencers on their early model twins ?
I'm not at all keen on the idea of buying 50 yr old originals and getting them rechromed.
Nobody seems to make an accurate "pattern" silencer.
So I'm sort of considering Dunstall shape cans or maybe Jamas.
Anything out there closer to the XS1 shape ?

Thankyou both guys !
They look like quality items.
Not cheap, but not priced out of this world either.
When I looked at buying a Honda GL1000 Wing, a replica silencer was €1,000 + shipping, so these are a bargain in comparison.
Earlier today I had a close look at a Heiden replica XS1 seat, and I have to admit the quality was as good as OE Yamaha.

Hi
there is a shop in Redditch that were selling the silencers a few weeks ago, he is out of stock now but it might be worth getting in touch and asking when new stock will be in.
Classic Bike Shop
I have no connection by the way.

Last edited:
Hi
there is a shop in Redditch that were selling the silencers a few weeks ago, he is out of stock now but it might be worth getting in touch and asking when new stock will be in.
Classic Bike Shop
I have no connection by the way.
Curley Rogers !
Or rather the descendants of Mr Rogers
Curley was doing UK autojumbles (swap meets ?) when I was still in short trousers.
Unfortunately Curley is no longer with us, but I'll always remember him as a jovial larger than life character.
I think maybe his granddaughter is running things now, there's been a massive expansion in stock.
They sell parts on eBay UK all the time, but the only XS650 silencers I've seen were late model roadster type as fitted to the XS650C to F models.
I'll take a good look tomorrow

I’ve had a set of those from Mikes. While expensive, I will say that quality seemed to be very good.

Back