Electrical problems...

I can't agree with MaxPete's suggestion to have a bike shop do the tire changing. I have read so many complaints about tires not beaded right and too much pressure used to bead tires and distorting the tires. I think this is something that owners should learn to do right and do it themselves. Expensive special tools aren't needed . A bead breaker can be built from wood and fastened to the garage wall, a 2x4 frame can be made to keep the wheel off the floor while breaking the bead and changing the tire. Those blunt end wrenches in the tool kits will take off a tire from a rim. Tire balancing beads are available for a no brainer balancing job.

Usually in a bike shop the most UNKNOWING guy at the lowest experience and skill level is the one that gets the tire changing jobs. I would not trust that guy.

As an example, and there is more than this I'm sure. I know of one established garage in my area ( not a motorcycle garage) where it is common practice and acceptable practice by the employees to set off an explosion with solvents inside of a tire to bead a tire. They do change some tires but it is not their main business.

Scott

Last edited:
All parcels coming onto Canada with a value of over $20 go through customs and are subject to the GST, and the handling fee from Canada Post. Sometimes around Christmas when things get really busy some can sneak through without the charge. Fact.

Back