engine oil

I used the non-synth for one change and the level got low. It stays up with Penzoil. Don't know why it happens, but I had a car that was the same way with some oils. So watch your level.

How hard was the installation? I am no professional, so I am wondering if I have the ability to do the installation myself.

Just understand that the adapter has to bottom out without forcing it. Some filing or light grinding with a Dremel Tool to the sides of the adapter might be necessary. I was scared S%%%less when I did mine but after I finished I wondered why I had been scared.

The original instructions weren't all that great. That's why I rewrote them and posted them to my blog. They're also cross-posted somewhere on XS650.com.

does anyone know a way around the external filter kit. i read what it comes with, just a filter head, filter and some epoxy etc.. for 80 bucks. anyone done there own side mount kit?

does anyone know a way around the external filter kit. i read what it comes with, just a filter head, filter and some epoxy etc.. for 80 bucks. anyone done there own side mount kit?

Are you able to use a milling machine? There are three ways you can install a spin-on filter and all three involve buying a kit or milling an adapter of your own.

Back