EX-Pull clutch Cable is too long

When I first had the 75 the cable was stretched. I had an extra cable adjuster from an extra perch. The hole in the side cover the cable goes through is just the right size to thread for the cable adjuster. This works well with the EZ pull cable too.
Just replace the large round lock nut with a regular nut. Fits the indent of the case. Thread the cable in the adjuster, thread on the nut, thread into hole. With the adjuster set for max slack, at lever and side cover adjust the worm. Adjust cable at the side cover for about 1/4 inch free play, fine tune with lever adjuster.
I'll post a pic of my 75 with the adjuster and stretched stock cable.
On 5twins suggestion of making a spacer from the end of an old cable, use the top end. Grind the tube to fit in the case. This gives you the opening where the cable fits in, this will help hold the cable inline with the spacer.
Leo

Attachments

• LostFile_JPG_105164296.jpg
    LostFile_JPG_105164296.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 174
Thanks XSLeo and everyone that helped me with this,

I got it all sorted out this afternoon. TwoMany sent me a brass spacer as mentioned above and between that, removing a lock washer I had on the worm housing, which kept it from returning fully and adjusting at the worm first; all is fantastic now!

...removing a lock washer I had on the worm housing, which kept it from returning fully...

Do you mean a lockwasher under those two screws that attach the worm body to the sidecover?
WormBodySideView.jpg

If so, yep, that'll do it. Not much room under there.
The worm screw wouldn't be able to bottom completely.

Yes TwoMany, a lock washer under the screw you point to. The Phillipp's head machine screws have rather thick heads. A pan screw would work but the use of lock washers was over kill anyway, so I removed them. I didn't notice the problem until you pointed out in post #19 above that my angle was wrong. I knew that it wasn't after I re-indexed and thought it might be camera perspective but it was the overly high screw head and lock washer causing interference.

Back