Fork Swap

yamimoto

All torque no action!
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Would like to again express my gratitude to this forum and it's members. Recently installed a 35mm front end on my '75, not sure what year but it has the adjustable preload screws. Also installed the Race Tech Gold Emulators, All Balls taper bearings, a new Brembo master cylinder, stainless steel braided line, rebuilt my caliper, installed Vesrah pads and drilled my rotor. Also, some of the parts I used were purchased from forum members. It's possible, maybe I could have done all this without the forum......maybe......but in all likelyhood I would have had to do much of it twice at least to get it right, and probably wrecked some things. I would not have known the helpful tips for specific jobs and certainly would have felt lost a great deal of the time. Not to mention how much longer it would have taken. This was not the case. I felt confident most of the time, took my time and everything went really, really well. In total it took about 8 - 10 hours and I didn't wreck or have to redo anything. Next time it will take about 5 hours. I can't tell you how much better the bike handles and stops.
Thank you all, it would have been a much different story without your help.
This is a great forum with lots of great people.
Yamimoto

That is spot on! I have had my bike two years now( I KNOW!!!) and the first year it just sat in my shed in boxes, the way I bought it, too afraid to attempt anything on it!

I then found this forum, and it gave me courage to have a go! Thanks to a lot of stupid questions already being asked before, a LOT of reading, researching and more reading, friendly advice, encouragement, and a lot of help from forum members, I am almost at the end of my build!

I love this community, always someone here to help if you need it, and lots of encouragement if you feel a bit low and don't want to build anymore!

:thumbsup::bike::D

Forums are a great way for someone to stand on the shoulders of giants and take much bigger strides toward a goal than they might be able to alone.

Sounds like you've done some great work already!

Good news and nice post yamimoto Some forums are excellent like this one, it makes the experience of the talent of others available to all to enjoy the true experience of motorcycles.

Back