Front fork adjusters question.

Ok, here's some pictures. I now see there are two adjustment positions. I can asure you that mine were a bitch to turn even now on my table. You will need some force I'm afraid. So again, get a very good fitting screwdriver.
I had the same problem with mine, they would just not turn. The way I found easiest was to take the weight off the front wheel and forks remove the adjuster, I found it was completely rusted solid and then used heat and penetrating Oil to free it, removed as much rust as I could from the ‘pin’, and then greased it well. I then set it to the middle setting before replacing it. This took all of the worries away about knackering the screw on the top to adjust it.......(don’t forget to remove the rubber o-ring before you heat it) Good luck from #xs650_uk

Last edited:
On 40 year old bikes, the stock springs may well have sagged significantly over time. Or a PO have added preload spacers, or even installed heavier or totally unsuitable springs. A lot of potential causes for different fork action.

Back