Greetings from Louisiana.

rodemyyamaha

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone. I wanted to introduce myself and let you guys take a look at my build. I am from Louisiana and have been an avid biker for 45 years. A few months ago I came across an article about a race called the Stampede.....3,000 miles in 3 days. Some of the rules state that you must ride a hard tail, no windshield and no chase vehicles... among other things. I am a long distance rider and a certified Iron Butt Association member but I had never attempted to ride 3-1000 mile days in a row. I had always liked bobbers and started looking for a suitable candidate for my "Stampede build". If you want to see how it is going just go to http://rodemyyamaha.com and take a look. I am to the point where I will start putting everything back together soon so I am sure I will need some sage advice from all of you guys out here.

RideLong
RideHard
RideSafe

Im reading it now. I like the cobber fender and other pieces. Where at in LA are you? I just picked up a XS myself and am around Lafayette.

Welcome. My advice: get an AFLAC accident policy before you ride. They will comp you some cash for the back and ass treatments you're going to require.

@bigjimmy... thanks I am really diggin the info you guys have here.
@youradhere... I am in North Louisiana near Monroe. Are you blogging your build?
@Kent in KC.... thanks.. the Stampede will be brutal on a hard tail 650. I have no aspirations of actually winning the race.. I just want to finish in one piece. I am a pretty stubborn and determined individual so I intend on finishing regardless of how my body feels.
QuackFlack

I've put quite a few miles on a hardtail Sporty I own. With proper rear tire inflation and the right solo seat springs, it was actually reasonably comfortable. So if Rodemy... goes with seat springs, he'll most likely be okay, methinks.

Im not blogging but I will be documenting everything to make a sorta build thread here. You wouldnt happen to own/ride a pretty trick Yahama Banshee do you?

No, rodemyyamaha. Looking at his blog he looks like a guy that I see at the dunes here riding a super nice Banshee.

Nope... no banshee... I do have a RoadStar though... and even though I take it off road, down dirt trails, gravel roads and pastures to get to my final destination I have yet to score any dune riding.
Hmmm maybe a big ole paddle wheel on a Roadie... Next project maybe?

Wow, that is a lot of miles on a hardtail. I put 600 on a Triumph 750 in an Amen savior frame so it had a little give. Still got beat up pretty good.

I am using a bead blaster that a friend has at his business. He has two... one large enough for me to fit in and a small friend... and another one that is real wide but not very deep. I am going to see if my frame will fit in the wide one. Wanting to take everything to powder coater next week. This weekend I plan on putting the engine back together.

Hey Rodemyyamaha, welcome.
I was not very far from you in the great Ark-La-Tex. I was in Bossier City before I was forced to move to Maine. I only did it 'cause I'm not the boss at my house.

Back