Grounds so important

Quick question.....I'm running a capacitor with 2 ground prongs.....can I ground one prong to the frame and then run all other grounds from my headlight, tail light, brake switch, pma, and the 2 grounds from my pamco to the other prong? The 2 prongs seem to be connected in the middle.

When I rewire or sell my harness kits all the grounds are connected together and then end up at the motor ground (12mm bolt near oil stick) so that there is no floating ground. Now with a cap which just holds some voltage I think you would be ok to do the same as I have done it before but if you are running a PMA I would make sure you run your lights all the time when the bike is running to have a load on it at all times. Some PMA have a design flaw and they work great but SPIKE from time to time and voltage goes much higher than the 14.5 volts that a bike electronics can handle. I just did a bike and rewired the complete bike with a new fuse block because of the spike. So I am not against using a SPRAX or any type of battery eliminator but know your charging voltage or you will be pushing bike home.

Yes you want a solid ground connection from all components to frame and engine!

Ok cool. I have a HHB capacitor with 2 ground and 2 positive prongs. 1 hot will go to the regulator and 1 will go to the pamco and coils. 1 ground will go to the frame and the other ground will have all the grounds tied into it.

Back