How much do XS650's cost where you live?

Mr_Dunev

The New Guy
Reaction score
I live in Los Angeles which probably has one of the HIGHEST markups I have seen for motorcycles (and everything else). Looking through craigslist here all of the XS650's are choppers, and when the stock ones do come up people want THOUSANDS for, even if they are rough project bikes, without titles.

I went on a 25 hour road-trip to pick up my XS and 2 other bikes. I feel like I got a great deal on mine, it runs and comes with a title. I waited over 3 months to find the right deal before I pulled the trigger on it.

What do they cost in your neck of the woods? I would say ROUGH ones here are $1,500+
rebuilt ones are $3,000-$4,000

In Michigan they don't seem to show up very often on craigslist anymore. A ratty one that runs with a title seems to fetch close to $1000 these days.
Kinda sucks, the most I've ever paid for an xs650 is $450. Those deals are hard to find these days.

Getting harder to find good deals but they do come up. Last one I got was an 80' complete with title for $200. Didn't have room for it but another guy wanted to part it out and i figured someone could use the whole bike so I bought it and sold it the next day for $300. I am one of the rare bike lovers that still believe in a good deal though. Most people seem to think these bikes should be a crazy money maker and worth a fortune. Funny thing is s nice chop has a hard yime getting $3500 with all new parts and tons of work in it but a bike that sat in the weather for fifteen years and needs everything is worth $1500? I don't get it. Never paid more than a few hundred just have to be patient. Same goes for lots of old bikes like cb750s for example.

I live in Los Angeles which probably has one of the HIGHEST markups I have seen for motorcycles (and everything else). Looking through craigslist here all of the XS650's are choppers, and when the stock ones do come up people want THOUSANDS for, even if they are rough project bikes, without titles.

I went on a 25 hour road-trip to pick up my XS and 2 other bikes. I feel like I got a great deal on mine, it runs and comes with a title. I waited over 3 months to find the right deal before I pulled the trigger on it.

What do they cost in your neck of the woods? I would say ROUGH ones here are $1,500+
............................ hi guys ,,,, i live in australia,,i have found that xs650 bikes ,,,SUITABLE for rebuilds or major work,, good project are selling for around $3000--3500.. with out a drama at all regards oldbiker

I live in Bakersfield, CA 4 years ago I paid $1000 for two standards not running. Bill of sale only. Both are registered and titled now and one is running.

About $500 will get a "should run" bike here IF you wait and watch for the deals. Buddy just bought a bit rough but started right up 77 for $500 yesterday. That seller started at $1000 a month ago turned down MY offer of $500 two weeks ago LOL. Even early bikes (rough) can be had around 5-800ish especially now in the fall. Fairly nice mostly stockers are more like $1200 to $2500. chopper bobber cafes are all over the place depending on quality and completeness, say 1500 to 4000 for most.
But you have to keep watching and move on the deals, they won't be for sale on day two.

In nz a really rough one (think barn case, not running, suit chopping) will be about $1500US. An ok runner probably about $3000 US. A pretty good one, $4500. A rebuilt one, mint, $7000+. You guys in the US don't know how cheap you have it to be honest.

Oh you lucky boys and girls the UK is well expensive with the rate at US 1.58 most of our bikes are around $3/4 thousand bog standard with some of the rebuilds around 11K ( just look on Evil Bay!!) also the fun police from Europe are trying to bring us in line with the rest of Europe with laws about changing and customising being banded about all the time. Enjoy it while you can chaps and chappesses

In portland Oregon they can be had all day long running and riding for a grand, choppers and such done and riding 2500-3000 easy and projects 100 and 800. I picked mine up already hard tailed with a title for 675.00. I am picking up an old chopper project today no title for 125.

Florida has ridiculous prices. I searched for almost a year before finding a running, clear title bike for $1500 that still needed work. 3-4k here all day for a smooth running, stock one in good shape

Figure 1500 to 1800 here in Illinois for a decent condition runner. I lucked up and scored mine for $400 and a paint job on my buddy's Triumph street tracker. So I figure about a grand...

Back