how the hell do I wire this brake light

pickledbabies

APOLLYON
Reaction score
Hello friends,I have a 77 xs with a single pole terminal in the rear drum.I have had no luck getting this thing to work.I tried wiring a relay. No Dice. I've included pictures of the brake hub terminal and the original single-wire brake switch. Any suggestions? All the other ones I've seen are two-wire switches with the spring. Should I just switch to that type? WTF.. Thanks

Attachments

• 000_1863.jpg
    000_1863.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 000_1865.jpg
    000_1865.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 111
That is NOT a brake light switch LOL that is an extra special Yamaha brake lining is worn out, warning light switch. So that's why you can't make it work. The brake light switch typically mounts up under the foot pedal pivot rod through the frame.

PS I have no idea right now what that second switch is but I don't think it's a brake light switch.

Last edited:
that is the brake lining warning switch not a brake light switch, the brake light switch goes to the rear foot lever or the front hand brake

damn getting old and slow:laugh:

Attachments

• 74_TX650A.PNG
    74_TX650A.PNG
    60 KB · Views: 130
You can get an aftermarket one that clamps to the rod itself and set it up that way. If you don't have the stock one that is.

Posted via Mobile

Ps here is a pic of the drum with that damn wire bracket removed. Hacksaw, really coarse file, slowly stepped down to fine buffing compound.

radian swingarm 008.JPG

Thank you so much,no wonder it wouldnt work my light.I will get an ACTUAL brake light switch from ebay .I got this bike torn apart from a guy and its my first xs.

I actually have 2 rear brake switches. bought 2 of the same orders to see which would get to me faster. Mikes lost by like a week. 650 central got to me in like 2 days. that extra $10 handling thing kinda sucks though. but anyway...

If you're close to ca i could send you one of the two im not going to use. It is Part #12-0009 on mikes...

Back