how to make forward controls

mikeweyandt18

XS650 Member
Reaction score
ok i got a 650 that i made into a hard tail, i have got a springer seat for it, and i am looking to put forward controls on it. new ones cost way to much so i am looking to make some. any good ideas, or pictures of some that have been homemade would be great. thanks for the help.

Huge fan of Tc and i did buy there forward controls.My next bike i will build my own.After looking at TC's they look so easy to build and i know i can build there stronger.I own a lathe and have acess to a flat bed laser so that wont be a problem,I was short on time thats why i bought mine but i agree they are to much $$. I actually rebuilt mine so the linkage rods are inboard and follow the contour of the frame.I think its the ugliest part of a bike when people run the rods at a big ass angle back to the attacment point, and my brake linkage does NOT hang below the frame, Why the hell do people do that???

Too much money? You guys do know that harley forward controls go for at the very least double what XS sets go for...... Sure might not be worth it in labor and materials for you guys but for the average joe that is a very decent price.

i know harley forward controls are alot more money, but it seems to me that if you can afford a harley you can afford to buy all the aftermarkes accesories. Me on the other hand, i am building a chopper out of a 650 that i only paid $200 for. so i cant see spending over $100 on some forward controls that i can make myself. if i wanted to buy everything for my bike i would have got a harley.

No I get it. 200 dollar forward controls on a 200 dollar bike isn't very practical. I'm saying for the average joe non forum dwelling rider. lol

Back