I bought this today..

The farmer

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me in. Not my choice of colors, but a nice bike. I hope. JPS F1;)

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_101010.jpg
    IMG_20220810_101010.jpg
    888.7 KB · Views: 130
Looks nice. I like the gold accents, but the gold side covers are a bit much for my liking, but to each his own. I spy a 750 kit on there. PMA?
I am totally agree on the gold side covers. Gold is for neck and fingers:). The guy a bought it from didn't know so much about it. Thanks for the 750 comment. I will look in to that...

Lovely bike. Don't know about the shocks. They look like some cheap Chinese productions, but I could be wrong. You may want to take it easy in righthanders. The 2-1 exhaust that the "experts" installed will (not might, will ) ground in even moderately assertive cornering. ((Please don't ask how I know this.) It may serve your riding style, but if not you'd be well served to replace it with single wall 2-2 pipes and free flowing mufflers. Those Keihin knockoff carbs may cause more grief than they're worth; an expert stylist (lots of them out there) might install them, but an expert tuner (harder to find) wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole (or a 12 foot swede). Good luck. Enjoy!

Thanks for many good adwais. Yes the shocks are PRC shit i think. Carbs works.... Poops som times downhill. I will lock in to it. I have owned several H-D bikes with the same brand.....

Thank you. Well the frame is 83, the motor is not;). That's about it. All modification are made by professionals, I hope. I will try to ride it for a year or two. Then we will see...

Nostalgia kicks in I bought a multiple times crashed one 1985 for $ 800 Stalled on my way home shorted rotor.
Thinking if it last a year its OK
I was in Norway with it,,
Remember the low 0.5 meter walls that prevents a car going into the fjord many meters down ... thinking hitting that wall and down you go.

Almost 40 years later I am still saying the same thing
If it just lasts another year its OK ( OK I had one in between )

Hey farmer, welcome.

Nice rig. Couple of points.

The same guys who sell the 750Kit with the big fins, also sell a 650 kit with the big fins, so just maybe, it could be still a 650.

I think Griz1 forgot to put his glasses on or I'm as blind as i am deaf................those carbs look to have chrome tops that look like BS34's to me.

Left side..........Off my 83. They came from the factory coloured black

crop IMG_8166 2 copyright.jpg

Back