I have an XS500/XS650 cafe rat and I need an ignition.

iklukowski

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have an XS500/XS650 (XS500 motor) cafe racer and I want to switch to an electronic ignition. I have emailed Pamco Pete several times to see if he can make one but I have not gotten a single response from him, I even told him in the email that it's a 180 degree phased twin so he know what he's dealing with but still he refuses to respond. My questions are, Does Pamco Pete always ignore potential customers and Does anyone know of another person who makes ignitions. I have emailed Newtronic once a week for the past month and they tell me the same thing every time "should be available by next friday" so that's another company with poor service. Any info will help thanks in advance.

Ok, I have an XS500/XS650 (XS500 motor) cafe racer and I want to switch to an electronic ignition. I have emailed Pamco Pete several times to see if he can make one but I have not gotten a single response from him, I even told him in the email that it's a 180 degree phased twin so he know what he's dealing with but still he refuses to respond. My questions are, Does Pamco Pete always ignore potential customers and Does anyone know of another person who makes ignitions. I have emailed Newtronic once a week for the past month and they tell me the same thing every time "should be available by next friday" so that's another company with poor service. Any info will help thanks in advance.

iklukowski,

Sorry I didn't reply to your Email. I get about 50 to 60 Emails a day and sometimes they just scroll off the top before I can answer them.

I did read your Email and I was going to get back to you and suggest that you have a look at my CB450 and CB350 ignitions because they may be more readily adapted to the 500 motor because those engines are also 180 motors.

www.cb350ignition.com
www.cb450ignition.com

Newtronics has started making ignitions for the XS500 again. The first batch was made available a few days ago and sold out within a couple of days. I'm assuming they'll make more!
I found out about the Newtronics ignition kit link on the TX/XS500 forum.
www.XS500.proboards.com

Back