If your under 30 do you know what this is?

OK now i will show how old i am.........HAHA
I bought a HARLEY for $2500.00 MANYMANYMANY!!!
Bought a VETTE for $3000.00
Bought a brand new 1973 340 Duster for $3300.00
Bought COKE the soda for $.10
CIGS for $.25
Bread for $.19
Milk for $.29 thats a gallon and they brought it to your home
Pizza Pie $2.99 and look you can still buy that cheap
My first morage on my house was $101.35 a month and i bought it for $28,000.00
You could go into a gun store and walk out with a gun.
Here is the best one
I bought from a car dealer a 1969 CAMERO SS 396 convertable for $450.00 because nobody wanted it and he said it only brought tire kickers.
If i only had a BRAIN and keep something....
And whats funny is by law i had to keep all the titles from bikes that i trashed over the years with my dealership and i have 11 XS650 titles 22 Triumph titles 15 Harley titles 43 Benelli titles and so many more and i don't remember any of those bikes. Back then if you took on a trade and it didn't move it was worth more in scrap.

I bought a new push lawnmower for $38? way back when and I used to mow lawns for $5 a pop to pay my dad back for my Honda SL70, which I bought brand new in 1971 for $375.00. I also threw papers on an afternoon route, I want to say the paper was 25 cents a week. Gas was 20-25 cents a gallon, I could trail ride all weekend on 50 cents.

My first 'real job' was at a Dairy Queen, flipping burgers. Minimum wage, $1.65 an hour. This would have been around 1973/74. I remember the MW went to $1.90? and I thought I was in high cotton.

OK now i will show how old i am.........HAHA
I bought a HARLEY for $2500.00 MANYMANYMANY!!!
Bought a VETTE for $3000.00
Bought a brand new 1973 340 Duster for $3300.00
Bought COKE the soda for $.10
CIGS for $.25
Bread for $.19
Milk for $.29 thats a gallon and they brought it to your home
Pizza Pie $2.99 and look you can still buy that cheap
My first morage on my house was $101.35 a month and i bought it for $28,000.00
You could go into a gun store and walk out with a gun.
Here is the best one
I bought from a car dealer a 1969 CAMERO SS 396 convertable for $450.00 because nobody wanted it and he said it only brought tire kickers.
If i only had a BRAIN and keep something....
And whats funny is by law i had to keep all the titles from bikes that i trashed over the years with my dealership and i have 11 XS650 titles 22 Triumph titles 15 Harley titles 43 Benelli titles and so many more and i don't remember any of those bikes. Back then if you took on a trade and it didn't move it was worth more in scrap.

CAMARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jesus thats stilly people cant spell that right...arent you guys all patriotic about that shit.

Haven't seen one of those oil spouts since my dads many sheds and garage, years ago. And yes, sheds. Growing up we had 5 sheds in the back yard, 1each for landscaping, HVAC, plumbing, tools, and the 4x20 for pvc/tubing/copper. I've never seen anyone with more tools and parts than that man.

My first car had no gas gauge from the factory, and a 1 gallon reserve. The tank and filler (mounted directly to the tank) was in the trunk up front. '58 VW Beetle. I also had a '59 Beetle, more recently, same setup. Only downside I ever faced was in the '59 when visiting New Jersey... You can not pump your own gas in Jersey. The moron at the station couldn't find the filler, refused to listed to me, and wouldnt let me get out to show him. Then, after I told him he had to hold the nozzle in the tank or it'd fall out (the opening on those tanks were like 4" wide)... he lets go of it, nozzle falls out of the tank, and gets gas all over my tank, carpet, and spare tire. That didn't end well for him. :banghead:

The washer fluid bottle in some early bugs didnt have a pump. You'd hook a hose from the tank to the valve stem of your spare tire to pressurize the tank. :laugh:

I had a '69 Bug with a 1piece tilt front end, like a 'vette. Had to pop that whole front end up to get to the gas filler door. Looked odd as hell at the pump lol.

I also owned a '55 Buick Special that I'd have a good laugh with. I'd throw someone the keys and ask them to fire her up... Get in, turn the key... nothing. :D Starter switch was under the gas pedal from the factory, had to push it in to start her up.

I know them, never used them. Used a regular can opener instead. Easier and cleaner. These spouts were prefect for adding dirt to your engine. Some in this forum say they leaked. Why the heck did you use them then??? My dad just said they were a dumb waste of money. I think he thought they were for suckers.

The washer fluid bottle in some early bugs didnt have a pump. You'd hook a hose from the tank to the valve stem of your spare tire to pressurize the tank. :laugh:

My 1971 914 Porsche was the same way. Also like a Bug, you had to open the 'frunk' to put gas in it. OBTW: that was the slowest car I have ever owned. I could outrun it on foot but man did it handle great.

I'm 32 and I know what it is. I met a guy in a old car show about 4 years ago with a 1927 Ford model A and he still have an oil can that was not open under his seat. I already seen that when I was younger but I bet that it become rare to see a "brand new" one. lol

My home was $21,000 in 1969 payments were $125.00 month seemed like alot of doe back then and it was

In 1968, my dad sold the old farmhouse and 40 acres we lived on and we moved to the 'burbs into a 2 story 'split level' with a 2 car garage and a pool. He said he paid $49,000 for the house, the payments wer $249 a month and he used to lay awake at night trying to figure out how he was going to make the payments. When he and my mom split in 1982, the power bill was more than the house payment and it was sold as part of the settlement for $120,000.00.

I mis Spell WORDS all the time. I am old and allowed to do it. Now i will have to do it more to see if you are reading it.
Bill $28,000 todays market ?????? I know i can get a TRAILER here in South Jersey for that. I am moving to DELAWARE !!!!!!!!!!!! MY home here is $219,000 and i thought that was cheap. In NY you can live in the worst neighborhood for no less than $375,000 thats why i moved could not afford a house and all the guns i would need .

Back