Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

I traded my Twin Cam Fatboy for it last fall. I’ve always been a shovelhead guy. This is my third I’ve owned. It came to me quite different though.
IMG_0657.jpeg

It’s a bit of a Frankenbike. 1974 FLH frame and transmission. It has a later 80” motor that I just rebuilt to .40 over. The front end is off an Evo fatboy. It has upgraded brakes, suspension, hand and foot controls. I added a softail rear caliper that was a dealer takeoff from my old Fatboy. I narrowed the handlebars and put the FLH fenders back with a new paint job and a chrome headlight nacelle to return it back to a more traditional look. Also replaced the 16” front wheel with an aftermarket 18”. So it’s essentially a vintage frame and drivetrain with modern brakes, suspension and electronics. I’ve still got lots left to do, but am happy with where it’s heading. Thanks for asking.
IMG_0433.jpeg

Yup, he is annoying. As in, when will he get to the fricking point?

But I'm sure I can't be alone in being very strongly drawn to the concept of a vintage, lightweight, no frills motorbike? Even had a look to see if anybody imports the Janus to UK. It seems not, although a Halcyon 250 price of £5996 was quoted by somebody.

So I've sent an email to Janus - well, there's no harm asking, is there?

Yup, he is annoying. As in, when will he get to the fricking point?

But I'm sure I can't be alone in being very strongly drawn to the concept of a vintage, lightweight, no frills motorbike? Even had a look to see if anybody imports the Janus to UK. It seems not, although a Halcyon 250 price of £5996 was quoted by somebody.

You got that right Raymond

Cool bikes! Just went on their website and built a 450. With a handful of options, the price was $17,555.00 Usd. With exchange, delivery etc it would be way north of $20K Cdn. I guess that’s not going to happen. I don’t like the idea of the Chinese Honda knock off engine but when I think of it they have limited options.

Last edited:

Hello Raymond,

We would love to export our motorcycles, and are actively working on attaining the necessary certifications to do so. Stay in touch!

Cheers,
Mitch McLane Sales Rep. Janus Motorcycles 211 South 5th St.
Goshen, IN 46528
463-215-2220

Anyone seen the new Triumph 400 series coming out in 2024? Looks to be competing with the RE lineup. They have a Speed 400 and a Scrambler 400 coming out.
No, I hadn't heard about them. So I watched this

Sounds like Triumph have entered into a collaboration with Bajaj - huge Indian manufacturer. Will be very interesting to see if it makes decent sales in Britain. Almost bound to sell in the Asian markets but I doubt it will make waves in USA if they decide to try and enter that market?

Last edited:
Was at a not so local track today to watch the Grand Bend Festival of Speed. Vintage bikes and a couple of cars on a road course. Saw side cars, scooters and old road racers strutting their stuff. If wasn't a race but more an opportunity for some vehicles to stretch their legs. This one caught my eye and sounded real nice.

IMG_2403.jpeg
IMG_2427.jpeg
IMG_2428.jpeg
IMG_2426.jpeg

I bet that sounded sweeet!!
Yes it sounded nice. I was fortunate that I was beside the bike when they sparked it up. Sounded like it had some balls! I was sporting my XS650.COM tshirt - wondered if they noticed lol.

Interesting clutch actuator.

Found this on FB. May be a husband / wife team. Cool!

IMG_3751.png

Last edited:
Back