Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

1681007254790.png

no idea.

Like a Honda Goldwing GL1000?
Well, yes... However my hunch is that Honda took one look and built the goldwing as a result.

The Japanese used to, and probably still do, range engineer types that search for innovative American homebuilt stuff. The first 4WD toyotas were built by a fella who I knew slightly, and he made a small fortune in consultant fees. The factory models came out shortly after. I recall his last name as "eichelberger"... Anyway he described how the Japanese would study us Yanks... After all, if men go to the trouble to build a custom scooter or 4WD, it strongly suggests that a market is not "served". He came to adultness working for Ford Racing.

The Ukies and Ruskies and others in old "warsaw pact" space had millions of commie fiat aircooled V4 cars... (Putin has one or two from his wild youth (streetfightin'man). These old commie fiats' engines and trans make impressive result in homebuilt scooter... I'll look for video / photos. I don't have much initiative at my age...but if I could get my grubbies on one of the old commie cars... !! A V4 guzi, but with commie characteristics...like Soviet bridges...way tough, they over-build...it's cultural, I think.

Best ! & thanks for reply.

Well, yes... However my hunch is that Honda took one look and built the goldwing as a result.

The Japanese used to, and probably still do, range engineer types that search for innovative American homebuilt stuff. The first 4WD toyotas were built by a fella who I knew slightly, and he made a small fortune in consultant fees. The factory models came out shortly after. I recall his last name as "eichelberger"... Anyway he described how the Japanese would study us Yanks... After all, if men go to the trouble to build a custom scooter or 4WD, it strongly suggests that a market is not "served". He came to adultness working for Ford Racing.

The Ukies and Ruskies and others in old "warsaw pact" space had millions of commie fiat aircooled V4 cars... (Putin has one or two from his wild youth (streetfightin'man). These old commie fiats' engines and trans make impressive result in homebuilt scooter... I'll look for video / photos. I don't have much initiative at my age...but if I could get my grubbies on one of the old commie cars... !! A V4 guzi, but with commie characteristics...like Soviet bridges...way tough, they over-build...it's cultural, I think.

Best ! & thanks for reply.

I don't know how to take a frame, a still picture, fromYT.

So...here's 2 video for YT, each relevant to a oddball scooter.
(the commie V4 fiat..)
(new not commie army)
Enjoy!
Best!

1681352726721.png

Harley-Davidson four cam Sportster engine with side valve cylinders from Flathead Power, using S&S crankcase, 4 3/4 inch McClure push rods and a lot of sweet hi performance parts.

I love flatheads....and rocker clutches. I note that the image bike could be easily 50 hp, that'll do a ton and it's gudnuf.

Back