It's time to start a winter Project. The Red Bike

I have been, am, kind of a dick. I was going to tease one of Jim's gorgeous pieces at a time as I work through assembly. See the headlight shell. Legitimately, they are carefully wrapped and a prudent person wouild only unwrap during assembly. I am imprudent. I am also impatient and can't wait to see the tank. The fenders will follow when it is safe, after front brake is resolved and after the taillight is finalized. Forgive me for being a dick.

The first non teaser pic. Sidecover in place. I promise a tank pic soon. Rum on the rocks and unwrapping tins is a bad mix. The paint is so very excellent I will weep when I induce the first blemish, but, this is a rider.
16848056226856448911031502556578.jpg

I should be full speed ahead on the "Red Bike " but in another life I volunteer as a crane operator. I launch 15 or more of my friends sail and power boats each spring and pull them in the fall. Here is time lapsed photos covering 2 hrs of my life in 4 minutes. Credit Bill Kuru for propping his phone and getting the settings right.

Last edited:
I should be full speed ahead on the "Red Bike " but in another life I volunteer as a crane operator. I launch 15 or more of my friends sail and power boats each spring and pull them in the fall. Here is time lapsed photos covering 2 hrs of my life in 4 minutes. Credit Bill Kuru for propping his phone and getting the settings right.
Thats a great insight to your other life; and quite a responsibility dropping and pulling other peoples expensive pride and joy.

I do my best to keep sanding dust and such out of the tank while it's being worked, but it never hurts to start out with a fresh inline fuel filter, then change it out after 500-1000 miles.

Glad you're happy with it.
thumbsup.gif

I do my best to keep sanding dust and such out of the tank while it's being worked, but it never hurts to start out with a fresh inline fuel filter, then change it out after 500-1000 miles.

Glad you're happy with it. View attachment 243630
Thanks, the bike came with a Frankenstien fuel delivery that will definitely be upgraded.
1684861741482524845906817001573.jpg

The @gggGary fender arrived so I can mock up taillight and plate. I appreciate the "mount it on a shock bolt" comment but I am really hoping for a "generic" stock look. To that end I will search for a taillight that is short front to back. Then maybe find one of the license plate sized "backing plate" to bolt directly flat on the fender with rubber wssher/grommets of course.
16848666707234240059111276793353.jpg

Thanks. This is just "showing off" the paint. Tank come off to a safe place and pipes get mounted, front brake gets bled, the speedo mount is still a 6061 1/8 x 4 plate, two taillights are on the way etc. My favorite (only) nephew is in town so the mock up serves a purpose. Further, the clutch cable did not suffer a drag inducing bind when I set the tank.

Last edited:
Back