It's time to start a winter Project. The Red Bike

Well the tins showed up today. I had just gone through the ignition switch, cleaning the contacts and the switch body itself. Now to assembling the wiring. It seems to be mostly original and plugging things together shoul be simple. There is a lot more room here than the 5 1/4 shell on my tracker. So far there are no "owner induced scratches" in the @Jim paint. A side note here. When this is all reassmble I will find the box or tub I stored fasteners in. I make a run daily to the TruValue for new metric fasteners that I know that I carefully stored 7 months ago.
16844506936485140014897360421105.jpg

Last edited:
No shipping damage I hope? :geek:
I do not think so. The packaging is meticulous and I only started with the headlight shell (and left side cover out of curiosity) so that I do not have pieces laying around to get bounced of the floor. After the headlight shell is fitted I will mount the rear fender to attack the tail light scheme. Somewhere in that time frame I need to fill/bleed the front brake BEFORE I fit the front fender. Still need to rejet the VMs 195/20 before I fit the tank. Then, take stock indicators and cut the stalks 2 inches.

I've never seen one with a slotted disc.
It might have been something planned and made the cut for the promotional, but not production.

When I bought my XS650SK, the dealer also had an XS650SJ leftover. That’s the only one I’ve ever seen. It has a lot of black parts not shared with any other.

Back