Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You’re absolutely right about that.
One of the XS11 rallies had a fatality. It ended that rally. Then another on his way to the rally was killed. That rally also ended. I think it contributed to XS11.com going off line. XS11.club is barely a shadow of the .com forum.

You’re absolutely right about that.
At any rate, my Michigan ride (is that where this started?) had nothing to do with group ride safety. It was more about what I want to do vs. what they want to do. A different matter entirely. I perceived the @Downeaster response to be on the same subject.

At any rate, my Michigan ride (is that where this started?) had nothing to do with group ride safety. It was more about what I want to do vs. what they want to do. A different matter entirely. I perceived the @Downeaster response to be on the same subject.
Correctamundo.

One other factor enters into it tho: Last group ride I did was 100-ish bikes (Red Knights Firefighter benefit) 90-ish of which were Harleys or Harley clones, 2 of which had mufflers. I was way back in the pack and between noise and fumes I had an eye-watering headache by the time I got home. Pretty sure I bitched about that here at the time.

I am new at this group ride thing and I am re acquiring my riding skills. I have been to 3 650 Society rallys and I try to line up in the rear. I have a fairly rapid 750 cc motor and it is good for catching up to the pack when the road gets straight. As mentioned above, ride at your own pace. The 650 Society rides are stuctured so well that stragglers don't slow the pace to awefully. Best/funniest moment for me at Ozarks 2023 was when my son asked "Dad, do you mind if I ride near the front d the pack?":laugh2: He did have a great time and we laugh about that. (of course I said do it...)

After gobbling all those miles on the big Triumph. I've been thinking about @motormike and his cross-country antics on the RE Interceptor. Also, the Iron Butt is happening right now. I have no Iron Butt interest really. I'd rather take my time and smell the roses. Eating miles on the freeway brings me no joy. MotorMike, @GLJ, @gggGary and others set the example I prefer to follow. I've done it that way before. I just lack time right now.

New lunch stop (earlier today) in Point Pleasant, WV
1687051363772.jpeg

1687051421781.jpeg

Those saddlebags sure would look great color matched....we know a guy 😎
I don't disagree, but then it wouldn't be a HD "Icon" edition..... Story goes that back in '68 you could get a "touring kit" on the Electra Glide that included a windshield and fiberglass bags that came in just white gel coat finish. So on this edition they painted the bags to look like that and also included a solo seat. It makes more sense when viewed from the side with the white-wall tires, etc:thumbsup:

I don't disagree, but then it wouldn't be a HD "Icon" edition..... Story goes that back in '68 you could get a "touring kit" on the Electra Glide that included a windshield and fiberglass bags that came in just white gel coat finish. So on this edition they painted the bags to look like that and also included a solo seat. It makes more sense when viewed from the side with the white-wall tires, etc:thumbsup:
I think that is probably one the classiest and most nostalgic looking paint jobs I've seen a Harley in a long time...I wouldnt change a thing. 🥰

I say this at the risk of pissing off my girl Ruby (my Road King) out in my shop...dont worry girl, you're still #1, always will be. 😍

Last edited:
Back