Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me too, I've ridden a Harley for decades but I've ridden all makes of Japanese bikes far longer. I never discriminate when riding, always give the wave...even to crotch rockets, unless they're acting like boneheads of course. Although, I've seen plenty of guys on Harleys acting like boneheads too so there's that...
Hell, I even wave at scooters! If yer knees are in the breeze, you qualify.

VJMC ride to Hell. (Hell Michigan). My picture taking really sucked today. IMG_6527.jpegIMG_6528.jpegIMG_6529.jpegIMG_6530.jpegIMG_6531.jpegIMG_6532.jpegIMG_6533.jpeg

Cool here today, a cool 100F.
maybe 40 miles all told.
Us northerners aren't used to such "comfortable" temps.
madness skihi.jpg

In spite of local drought conditions the apples are looking pretty good.
Some of the corn will prolly have decent yields some not so much. Talked with one farmer that had to disc his fields, not enough grew to run the chopper for silage.
Temps aren't supposed to stay high for long but no precipitation in the forecast.

Cool here today, a cool 100F.
maybe 40 miles all told.
Us northerners aren't used to such "comfortable" temps.
View attachment 249917
In spite of local drought conditions the apples are looking pretty good.
Some of the corn will prolly have decent yields some not so much. Talked with one farmer that had to disc his fields, not enough grew to run the chopper for silage.
Temps aren't supposed to stay high for long but no precipitation in the forecast.

A drought???? the grass is still green.

It's all relevant though. Back in NZ on the farm if it didn't rain for 6 weeks we were in dire trouble, Grass was browning off and milk production was only a week or 2 from drying up. Some cows at that stage wouldn't come back...........And here in OZ a 10 year drought is't uncommon.

HAY ON WYE... A town of history books, arts and culture.

Took a day trip to Hay on Wye, with Mrs C; our first two up ride on The Brat ( Bratwurst BMW1200GS).
HAY MAP.PNG

About 50 miles from our home town; situated on the river Wye on the boarder of Wales and England.

Hay on Wye has history in abundance and is very picturesque.
The castle sits above the town in a commanding position.
IMG_0334.JPEG

HAY CASTLE.PNG

IMG_0342.JPEG

The castle has a visitor centre, guided tours and a restaurant in the main mansion.

A WORLD OF BOOKS....
There are over a dozen books stores and many 'honesty stalls' situated in the streets where books are stored in open shacks.
The book shops are like nothing else; world renowned for selling rare and antique books of all subjects.
Some say its the worlds capital of books!
HAY 2.PNG

IMG_0339.JPEG

IMG_0335.JPEG

HAY BOOKS 2.PNG

HAY 1.PNG

IMG_0338.JPEG

IMG_0337.JPEG

Also spotted this fantastic scooter!
IMG_0340.JPEG

CULTURE AND ARTS.
They have many festivals here covering a wide range of topics from art to theater.
This years music festival is being headlined by DUA LIPA no less.

A lovely place well worth a visit. During the summer it is a bit overrun with tourists however.
Best to go late Spring or early Autumn to avoid the crowds.
Ads.:devil:

Oh yeah.. The Brat ran without fault and is an effortless touring machine.

Attachments

• IMG_0335.JPEG
    IMG_0335.JPEG
    492.7 KB · Views: 26
Mosquito Run
100 km -about 62 miles
Saturday night
No Spectacular speeds 80 -- 90 Km / h up to but not over 180 km / h ( Honda Fireblade )
Dont watch the speedometer so much up there . It was also dark
Mostly farmland not much close to lakes or sea where there can be more bugs

IMAG0248.jpg

Last edited:

Took a day trip to Hay on Wye, with Mrs C; our first two up ride on The Brat ( Bratwurst BMW1200GS).
View attachment 250101
About 50 miles from our home town; situated on the river Wye on the boarder of Wales and England.

View attachment 250102
View attachment 250103
View attachment 250104
The castle has a visitor centre, guided tours and a restaurant in the main mansion.

A WORLD OF BOOKS....
There are over a dozen books stores and many 'honesty stalls' situated in the streets where books are stored in open shacks.
The book shops are like nothing else; world renowned for selling rare and antique books of all subjects.
View attachment 250105
View attachment 250106
View attachment 250107
View attachment 250108
View attachment 250109
View attachment 250111
View attachment 250112

View attachment 250113

CULTURE AND ARTS.
They have many festivals here covering a wide range of topics from art to theater.

A lovely place well worth a visit. During the summer it is a bit overrun with tourists however.

You are killing it with good posts. Thank you.

View attachment 250101

View attachment 250102
View attachment 250103
View attachment 250104

A WORLD OF BOOKS....
View attachment 250105
View attachment 250106
View attachment 250107
View attachment 250108
View attachment 250109
View attachment 250111
View attachment 250112

View attachment 250113

CULTURE AND ARTS.

Great ride report! Love the castle, as always. 😃 It’s always so striking to me how different it is where you live versus where I live.

You: “And here are the 11th century ruins of the Hay-on-Wye fortress and castle.”
IMG_6190.jpeg

Me: “Here behind me are the 13th century Indian ruins….see that pile of rocks? “ 😆
IMG_6192.jpeg

I tend to repeat but JP n I road tripped to Wyalusing State Park, then down to Stone Field State Historic site near Cassville on the Missisippi river. I may have Taken "a few" miles ;^) of gravel roads. The GPS was howling and gnashing it's teeth.
Along the Wisconsin River
KIMG4490.JPG
setting up camp, Beautiful night just cool enough that a campfire felt sweet.
KIMG4492.JPG
Morning fog on the river

wyalusing1.jpg
Dugout Road along the Mississsippi
KIMG4499.JPG
KIMG4500.JPG
KIMG4502.JPG

Back