Kansas Kustom Frame Anyone???

Ksboy19

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone using the Kansas Kustoms hardtail?? I have had one recently welded on my xs650, and im having a hell of a time with the spacing, and centering my rear wheel.:banghead: Can anyone help, give me a point in the right direction.. Thanks!

Not a answer, but i'm planning on getting a kansas kustoms hardtail. How long was the turn around time from when you sent it and got it back?

WAS IT WELDED STRAIGHT?
Not saying they did a bad job frame could have been twisted.
Take measurements to see if both sides come up the same.
If you have bike together or not measure from the same point on bot sides of frame front to back. Good place in front is lower bolt hole for front motor mount
Measure from that point to end of hard tail on both side both should be the same
You can also measure from center of neck to both ends of hard tail.
If you are off a 1/4 inch you got a problem tracking but fixable
I had same problem with customer bike last year and after i welded up TCB hard tail it looked crooked and i cut it back off put it back on same thing. Then i just measured stock frame and it was twisted to the right bike must have had a front end accident.
Put it back on jig heated the hell out of it and twisted it back to where it worked.
When frame sitting there does backbone look crooked or straight
This is what happens when frame is cut without motor support

They make an outstanding product. I have used them 3 times. You do have to grind out the axle slot in order for the axle to fit and you also have to use 3/4 inch washers just like on a TC Bros to get the spacing correct. If you email me, I can probably get a pic to show you where to put the washers because some go inside the drop outs and some go outside.. Nice frame, pulse mig welded in a jig. Very doubtful it is not straight.
Fongbros@gmail.com
Denis

Picture would help so we can see what you are talking about.
SIDE NOTE
Denis
Did you get your paper work back from ITS.....
I got three to send
DADDYG

I am going to contact them today and see what turn around is. Got one back last month and came with one year TAG which is cool if you are keeping it to ride

Projectxs650- turn around time was about 5 days for me, but i live in the same state. So id bet on a week to 10 days depending on your location. Plus Bill is a great guy to work with, backs his product, any problems he gives you his cell number to call. Id highly recommend.
DaddyG- Ill definenetly do that, im thinking it might have got damaged in shpping, cause he did use a jig and all. But ill keep yall updated!
Fongbros-Emails on its way! Thanks for all the help guys!

Fab Kevin wrote an article on proprly spacoing a rear wheel into a frame in the May issue of The Horse page 104. A very good write up.

Ksboy. I don't have a link, don't know how to anyway. I have the magazine, just picked it up a few days ago.

Back