keihin carbs anywhere else to buy them?

jimmy5090

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
wanting to buy the keihin carbs but mikesxs is out. i know that he sold the company and not really sure when they can get the carbs in. also waiting on the pamco for the 80-84. wondering if there is anywhere else to buy the carbs?

They say that they are custom made for Mikes XS but when I was researching jetting for mine, they appear to just have all the same parts you'd get with an off-the-shelf model.

#3.5 Slide
JJH Jet Needle
#35 Slow Jet
#125 Main Jet

That's really all there is to these things. They only make one size needle jet and they don't have replaceable air jets.

wanting to buy the keihin carbs but mikesxs is out. i know that he sold the company and not really sure when they can get the carbs in. also waiting on the pamco for the 80-84. wondering if there is anywhere else to buy the carbs?

Try heiden engineering You can access their web site from mikes they are the ones who developed them They start out with std 32mm bodys which are modified for this application They still use std keihn tuning components

thanks guys for the info joe from what i hear the stock ignition sucks and have heard great reviews about the pamco from guys on here
If the stock ign is still functioning why throw money out the window, full electronic ignitions are far more bullet proof than a unit with mechanical advance,less parts to wear out,etc.

if the ignition is working fine i'd leave it. only way i'd change things around is if:
1) i had a permanent magnet charging system and was running batteryless - the pamco needs very little voltage to fire.
2) my ignition died

Back