Linking Photos from Photobucket

glennpm

Another Old Biker Nut!
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for tips on linking to outside photo servers like Photobucket. I did it this morning and for some reason could only paste an external link from the "recent uploads" part of Phot0bucket, where I had a right mouse click option of "Copy Image Location". This option does not appear when I'm within a specific folder that I have created on their site.

Looking for help on this please.

I have had similar problems with photobucket. I would link directly to the photo and it would allow others to view my entire album. Maybe I don't know what I'm doing (high possibility). So, I have just started saving the photo to my desk top and uploading to a forum or where ever else you may want to post the pic. Good luck!

I have had similar problems with photobucket. I would link directly to the photo and it would allow others to view my entire album. Maybe I don't know what I'm doing (high possibility). So, I have just started saving the photo to my desk top and uploading to a forum or where ever else you may want to post the pic. Good luck!

You need to change the security setting in your album from public to private (or locked/unlocked).

There are so many threads that have had photos linked through hosting sites and they are now obsolete because the posters have either either deleted their pics or have not keep the renewed their fees.

Host through an album, it is easy to do and then your threads will also help others because the pics will never be deleted.

Have a look through my album and i there is a tutorial on posting pics from a folder on your computer and also you will see how much can actually be stored in there. Still have another 150 pics storage to be used before it is full.

The best part is its free

Good, thanks Skull. I didn't know about the albums. Anytime I posted before, it was under the advanced tab and "Manage Attachments" which is kind of a pain. The albums feature looks good and I'll give it a try.

There are so many threads that have had photos linked through hosting sites and they are now obsolete because the posters have either either deleted their pics or have not keep the renewed their fees.

Host through an album, it is easy to do and then your threads will also help others because the pics will never be deleted.

Have a look through my album and i there is a tutorial on posting pics from a folder on your computer and also you will see how much can actually be stored in there. Still have another 150 pics storage to be used before it is full.

The best part is its free

Super ditto!

For some reason, my tablet won't display certain 'hosted' sites that have a high advertising burden. Perhaps because of previous 'learned and blocked' anti-malware detection. I have to switch over to my smartphone if I expect to view hosted pics, then use a magnifying glass so I don't mistake a piston pic for a brake shoe...

Back