Longer Kickstarter

Tomterrific

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I'm feeling my age and I can see the time I'll have difficulty kicking my XS. Is there a longer kickstarter anywhere? I was once told that an XT600 kicker was longer but I have yet to prove that.

Thanks,
Tom

Get a used kicker arm off ebay,and extend it. Better yet,push the button that says START!!

how old are you? if these bikes are set up properly you can basically breath on the lever and they start. Electronic iggy and proper timing also insures no kick backs.

I have been having some hard kicks on my bike lately. Sometimes it kicks super easy and sometimes it feels like its completely jammed up till I keep putting force down. Could this be a symptom of camchain or overtightened clutch hub?

Might be the camchain. Not something you want tight enough to lock the engine, even a little.

It could also be the starting mixture pushing back on the piston. There is no info about your engine/ignition so start another thread.

---------------------------

I can kick my XS just fine, now. I can just see the day where I might have problems. It may be close. I have a friend my age who has a right knee replaced.

I'd like to find a bolt on longer kickstarter. I haven't been successful so I thought I'd ask the hive mind, fishing.

Two stock kickers could be cut and welded but that might not be as reliable as I want. I know how to engineer the part but the welding will need to be perfect and a tension plate welded over to make it as strong as a stock arm.

Tom

I think I have read the SR500 kick lever is longer and bolts right on. Might try searhing the site for kick start lever.
Leo

Last edited:
I guess I was wrong on the SR500, but a search is still a good idea.
Leo

Thanks guys,

I'll check some big ol' two-strokes if I can find 'em.

I've got an SR500 so this may have been the first kickstart lever I checked. in another thread I mentioned the offset of the SR lever is similar to the offset lever Heiden sells.

Tom

Back