Made a new motor mount today

tigman175

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Trying to go a little custom with my build so im making a few pcs to try and be unique. Bored out the bar stock earlier in week and cut the 1/4" off on the laser today. Hey, if they are gonna make me work saturdays i might as well get my kicks in right?

Here is my site

http://deltfabrication.webs.com/

full

full

full

full

http://deltfabrication.webs.com/

Looks really good, could be a pretty easy kit build too just put the bolts in all three points and then tack weld it in place. Nice job!

Very nice and nice to have the tools at work required to make such a thing! Now go make 30 sets and sell me one!

Very nice and nice to have the tools at work required to make such a thing! Now go make 30 sets and sell me one!

I just may have to do that!! Maybe give the option welded or unwelded. If anyone has the capabilities and wants the dxf file i have no prob sending it to them either. We are all here to help each other out right??

Ill take a un-welded one! PM a price and paypal addy....but dont forget your getting payed to make these in the first place!:laugh:

Tomorrow I am going to work out pricing to make a bunch. Sneaking one out of the scrap metal bin is one thing, making quantity is another. Looking like it's going to be dom tubing and 1/4" plate. Keep you posted!!!

looks like i am going to start making these as early as next week. pm me for prices. Ill be selling welded and unwelded. thanks

Tubing looks very thick, and I'm not sure it needs to be. Looks like it could hold a 500lb engine.

LOL Yes it is. I actually made this one out of bar stock left over from a job, just too see how it would look/fit. The new ones are going to be made of of tubing. Ill have pics up early next week.

How does the weight compare with the stock part?
I will weigh the both of them as soon as one is completed. Still waiting on material. Dont think it is going to be any diffferent tho. Negligible if any

I'd be interested in something that used minimal amount of material while not prone to failure.

If its a little soft and/or flexy? Fine...dampens some fibrations.

The stock piece is a b*tch to clean around and it gets all kinds of mud/dirt/road grime up in here...then rusts.

Trying to go a little custom with my build so im making a few pcs to try and be unique. Bored out the bar stock earlier in week and cut the 1/4" off on the laser today. Hey, if they are gonna make me work saturdays i might as well get my kicks in right? lol
full

full

full

full

What about making it out of aluminum

Back