Made a new motor mount today

shit, just think of the gains with all that weight shaved off!
anyways, those look great man. whats the little what seems to be rubber pieces?

If you mean the pcs inside the tube, they are 1/4" steel bushings to center your existing bolts.
If you mean the larger washer that touches the motor, thats a spacer to fill in the area of the motor that is machined so the mount sits flat.

Any way of shaving off a little more weight? I was thinking of drilling the plates and maybe even the tubes as well.

There really isn't a whole lot of stress on this piece, hence why the stock one looked to be made from stamped steel.

I wouldnt sell them that way, but after you recieve it you can do as you wish. It only weighs 1.6lbs. To be honest the weight savings of drilling some holes would prob be equivalent to 12 minutes on the treadmill. lol

yeah i was talking about the little guys.
and i could use a few 12 minute sessions on a treadmill. you should add some weight, maybe ill get my fat ass in gear.

Got mine today, I'm planning on chroming it so I thought I'd have to do some extra cleanup but I don't!!! This thing is clean! The welds look better than factory. Very pleased with it. I'll post a pic of it chromed when i get it back

Got mine today, I'm planning on chroming it so I thought I'd have to do some extra cleanup but I don't!!! This thing is clean! The welds look better than factory. Very pleased with it. I'll post a pic of it chromed when i get it back
Sweet!! Thanks for the feedback.

Just a note to say got my motor mount pieces from tigman175 the other day and looks real nice. Big improvement on looks over the stock mount in my book. Thanks, Mitch

Back