Maryland members: local Mikuni parts source?

TeeCat

One-Mik Wonder
Reaction score
Hey, Maryland members!

I was wondering if any of you had a bead on a good local parts (needles, needle jets, main/pilot jets, etc.) source for Mikuni VM carbs. I'm trying to do some tuning that will involve some part swapping, but after having discovered that my local bike shop (Ellicott City) is next to worthless in this regard, and after having little luck on the phone, I'm wondering if any of you know of a place where tuning goodies are available without ordering and waiting a week. Seems like with the popularity of these carbs on everything from bikes to snowmobiles, one might be able to get some of these parts locally.

Thanks and cheers!

TC

You probably won't find a place that sells needles and needle jets but may find mains and pilots. Look for a shop that sells snowmobiles, dirt bikes, and ATVs. Be aware that the retail on a Mikuni main or pilot is only about $3. Some places really mark them up.

Thanks, twins. I had been making phone calls to some such places, but usually get the ol' "We don't have those in stock, but we can order it for you!" Well... I have a computer, too, and can order it myself... so that's what I have been doing. Then I wait. That's the hard part. 8X

Right now I'm mainly after a needle and needle jet, though. Might have to look for a vendor in a neighboring state and go rocket mail.

FYI... found a place online called jetsrus.com. They're in Missouri, but they seem to have quite the inventory. I may waste as much time looking for these parts OTC in Maryland as I would waiting, and it may not be reasonable to expect local shops to have these parts, given the breadth and depth of sizes, applications, etc..

Yes, I've been to that site but they charge nearly double the retail for mains and pilots.

Haven't you gotten parts from Niche in Florida? I was looking at there mufflers, While I was there I looked at jets and stuff. They have tons of brass. $3-$4 for jets, Some needle jets $14 - $15. Don't recall needles.

Leo, yes, I did... got the carb and pilot/mains from there. I was just looking to save myself some time and trouble by finding a local source. I have the needle and needle jet coming now from jetsrus.

TC

Back