Mines bigger than yours……Is it??

AussieHard

AussieHardTail
Reaction score
e-asia-new-zealand-australia-melbourne-cringel_com.jpg

aust-usa-map.jpg

But with only 22million people we like to spread out on the couch so to speak. It is normal for us to drive an hour to work each day.

Top 25 most venomous snakes.

1. Inland taipan 0.025 Australia
2. Eastern brown snake 0.053 Australia
3. Coastal taipan 0.099 Australia
4. Tiger snake 0.118 Australia
5. Black tiger snake 0.131 Australia
6. Beaked sea snake 0.164 Australia
7. Black tiger snake (Chappell Island ssp.) 0.194 - 0.338 Australia
8. Death adder 0.400 Australia
9. Gwardar 0.473 Australia
10. Spotted brown snake 0.360 (in bovine serum albumin) Australia
11. Australian copperhead 0.560 Australia
12. Cobra 0.565 Asia
13. Dugite 0.660 Australia
14. Papuan black snake 1.09 New Guinea
15. Stephens' banded snake 1.36 Australia
16. Rough scaled snake 1.36 Australia
17. King cobra 1.80 Asia
18. Blue-bellied black snake 2.13 Australia
19. Collett's snake 2.38 Australia
20. Mulga snake 2.38 Australia
21. Red-bellied black snake 2.52 Australia
22. Small eyed snake 2.67 Australia
23. Eastern diamond-backed rattlesnake 11.4 North America
24. Black whipsnake >14.2 Australia
25. Fer-de-lance >27.8 South America

We aren't even talking salt water crocs, rats, spiders, etc. And then there is the crap swimming in the waters. Bigger don't mean better, if it did I'd be riding a harley.

Yeah, but if we want to we can ride our bikes to another country or another continent-- something you Aussies can't do.

Seriously though, 30 years ago I turned down a job offer driving those overland trains (trucks? lories?) y'all have down there and have regretted it ever since. I pulled doubles and triples here in the States. Australia is the only place in the world that I've ever wanted to go and didn't. No place else interests me.

Australia is large but Canada is enormous. Canada ia about 29% larger than Oz.

You don't have to be concerned about snakes here, but watch out for deer and moose, as they like to jump in front of your bike when you're doing 100 kms/hr.

What we do have is some of the best motorcycling roads in the world.................something called the Rocky mountains.

no we've got you covered on total contiguous area and on total area you forgot to add in two states, Hawaii and Alaska... :D
Continental U.S 3,794,083 square miles,
+ Alaska covers 656,425 square miles = 4,450,508 square miles
Australia 2,988,901 square miles , but no problem still a Great Country:thumbsup:

You don't have to be concerned about snakes here,
Hah can't believe everything those Canadians tell you, The dreaded Canadian snow snakes http://www.panoramio.com/photo/32684376

You don't have to be concerned about snakes here, but watch out for deer and moose, as they like to jump in front of your bike when you're doing 100 kms/hr.

I once saw a moose counter-attack a tractor-trailer on a 2 lane road about 100 miles north of Montreal. It was in the Spring and the sides of the road were too soft to pull over on. The moose was standing on the yellow line facing my direction. I stopped and waited. A driver coming the other way decided to nudge the moose in the ass with his brand new 1979 GMC cabover. The moose won, destroyed the entire front of the truck, glass, plastic, lights, sheet metal and all. Then it snorted and slowly walked away just as a mountie came driving up to ask what had happened to the truck.

When the driver asked the CMP what were they going to do about his truck the mountie said, "Ask the moose." and gave the driver a ticket for disturbing the moose.

We have deer, panther and black bear here. None compare to a rutting moose.

I've been there 3 times and loved every minute. What a great country. I highly recommend, if you get the chance, to go there. I was in Darwin, Brisbane and Townsville and had a blast.

no we've got you covered on total contiguous area and on total area you forgot to add in two states, Hawaii and Alaska... :D
Continental U.S 3,794,083 square miles,
+ Alaska covers 656,425 square miles = 4,450,508 square miles
Australia 2,988,901 square miles , but no problem still a Great Country:thumbsup:

I vote we give Antarctica to Australia so they can be as big or bigger than the USA and Canada. Antarctic-Aussies has a nice ring, don't you think?

Ok jayel, you let the secret out.

In order to not scare away tourists, the existence of the snow snake has been kept quiet. Yes, it is true that they attack humans, but only rarely have they actually eaten a human. I've heard unofficially, that they find americans to be rather tasty:D

That's all well and good but mines longer!

"For a motorcycle that has the head stem as the steering pivot point, the horizontal distance measured from the mid-point between the head stem bearings to the centre of the front wheel must not be more than 550mm."

hi thanks for all that info i.m in kaniva aust... i think i might book my ticket and move somewhere with no snakes or spiders ...regards oldbiker

Back