Miss November XS2 tribute

Raymond, did you ever find out if it's just on decel?
Not definitively but that's the impression I have after, ooh, maybe eleven instances?

First time was coming up to set of bends, just back off a bit to moderate speed and that was it, engine gone. Of course, you're in gear so the engine is still turning at whatever speed but open throttle and nothing. And it's been much the same since - shutting off for a junction or whatever.

Worst thing about intermittent problems is they're intermittent - as I'm sure you understand.

Not definitively but that's the impression I have after, ooh, maybe eleven instances?

First time was coming up to set of bends, just back off a bit to moderate speed and that was it, engine gone. Of course, you're in gear so the engine is still turning at whatever speed but open throttle and nothing. And it's been much the same since - shutting off for a junction or whatever.

Worst thing about intermittent problems is they're intermittent - as I'm sure you understand.
'Worst thing about intermittent problems is they're intermittent - as I'm sure you understand'.

Yep I know all about that issue and I'm still chasing the cause.
Over two years down the road with Taffy and I still have no confidence to ride the bike further than the end of the road!

When it warms up again I will have another go at sorting it.

Perhaps there’s something to the legend of the gremlin bell. I’ve had one on the big bike and never had an issue. Perhaps I should put one on all my bikes…. IMG_2811.png

Perhaps there’s something to the legend of the gremlin bell. I’ve had one on the big bike and never had an issue. Perhaps I should put one on all my bikes….View attachment 260733
I was told and have carried the belief that the gremlin bell only does its job if someone gifts it to you. They are ineffective if you buy one for yourself.

A suggestion Raymond... get a handlebar mounted voltmeter (couple of threads in Tech on 'em) and hook the power side to the red power wire going to your Boyer iggy. That way if (when?) your bike dies, you'll be able to quickly glance down and see if you're losing power to it.
Won't fix your problem unfortunately, but at least it'll give us a clue as to what power is (or isn't) doing.

Forgot... if you go that route, leave some extra wire when you tie it in... enough to reach the coil so's you can do the same test there... hook into the red and watch it when it dies.

Back