Moderators: My Post Disappears!

Tomterrific

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
When I respond to a post, the entire thread seems to disappear from the 'New Posts' list. Allot of these threads must never revive and the information may be lost to the original thread starter. What is wrong with my posts?

Thanks,
Tom Graham

New posts means new to you. Since you commented on it its not new to you anymore until someone else comments on it. It would show as new to people that haven't seen it yet.

If you just click on Garage say instead of new posts a thread you have just posted to will be at the top in thin black (I think) Heavy black if someone else has posted after you. Heavy blue if you have not looked at the thread. It's either that or Trav has it in for you and is deleting any thread you have posted on, Bwa ha ha.

As long as I have been on the forum my posts showed up at the top of new posts right after I posted, until a few weeks ago. Maybe it's always been this way and I never noticed for some reason.

Thanks for the quick response guys,
Tom

When you use "go advanced" Anything you have already typed shows up right above the edit box?

All the time I've been a member my posts showed up right away when I clicked the 'new posts' button, until a few weeks ago. Now I don't see the post I've made and the thread seems to be gone from the new posts list. I thought I must have hit the wrong button or something and screwed up my preferences.

Thanks for the fast reponse guys,
Tom

I didn't change anything about how that all works. It's always been set to the default software behavior. Your posts shouldn't be showing up in new posts because it is only for threads that have posts that you haven't read. The posts you make are considered read when you create them. If someone replies to your thread right away, the thread should then show up since it has a new unread post.

Back