More Salt Racers

After seeing xssalt's post I remembered these guys. Anyone know them? Have they ever participated here?
I would be interesting to know how fast they ran. Hot Carls build dirt track chassis and has entertaining videos on line. He starts videos with "filling the float bowls" (mixing a whiskey and Coke".

Last edited:
Where was Hot (drunk) Karl in the early 90`s at our local drag strip. I always needed a "First Round Duck" and I got a feeling he was the one.:thumbsup:

If these hotcarls 'salt racers' are in the same class as xssalt 's, xssalt doesn't have any problem:smoke:

Where was Hot (drunk) Karl in the early 90`s at our local drag strip. I always needed a "First Round Duck" and I got a feeling he was the one.:thumbsup:
Yep, just like the jerk my dad knew who claimed he "invented" acrylic enamel auto paint. How many National Championships has that guy won? If you have to tell people how great you are, you ain't, plus I despise people that have to constantly put others down. Chances are he's all hat and no cattle.

Yep, just like the jerk my dad knew who claimed he "invented" acrylic enamel auto paint. How many National Championships has that guy won? If you have to tell people how great you are, you ain't, plus I despise people that have to constantly put others down. Chances are he's all hat and no cattle.
A friend who does build chassis, does race his own cars, (and built up a sponsorship group) turned me on to Hot Carl's. It seems to be mostly a joke... The friend does this...
1671157850389.png

And he built a shit load of these...
1671157948156.png

...and his wife is now racing, rather than just racing around in a Fedex (yes she is a FedEx driver) truck...
1671158099693.png

...and manages to race some bikes, track and ice,,,
1671158617374.png

Last edited:
Different guy. The XS guy spells it with a "C". Besides, the XS guy doesn't act like a jackass.
[/QU
A friend who does build chassis, does race his own cars, (and built up a sponsorship group) turned me on to Hot Carl's. It seems to be mostly a joke... The friend does this...
View attachment 232009
And he built a shit load of these...
View attachment 232010
...and his wife is now racing, rather than just racing around in a Fedex (yes she is a FedEx driver) truck...
View attachment 232011
...and manages to race some bikes, track and ice,,,View attachment 232012
Camaro/Mustang driver's first name isn't Jeffery, is it?

Talking about test tracks for salt lake racers:
On one of the occasions when I have been at Lake Gairdner (salt lake Speed Week here in OZ) I asked the bloke who had a chev V8 in his motorbike where he does the testing for it - it happens he comes from around Silverston (Mad Max country out from Broken Hill in the middle of no where and there is 2/5th of fuck all) and he calmly replied "on the main road".

Looking at Hot Carl Racing on Instagram it seems that one of them went 120+.
I'm not surprised. New, out of the box, mine busted the ton. My friends and I calculated my top speed at about 112 mph as I recall. Two chase bikes were a 1980 shovel head and a big inline four Suzuki. That and my tach. At least, that is how I remember it.

1671204892104.png

On this road. My chin on the clocks, 'til she ran out of poop. Pullback bars and all, winter of 1984. This road leads to the north gate of Kennedy Space Center, where I was working at the time.

Sounds about right..I've never gotten a measured top speed on any of mine but I was able to pass a Triumph Trident at Daytona. I pulled up in his draft then went around him in the Tri-oval on a stock but we'll tuned XS2. Stock carbs and head pipes with Emgo shorties, no baffles. I was well tucked, throttle pinned, left hand on the fork tube, elbows in!

Sounds about right..I've never gotten a measured top speed on any of mine but I was able to pass a Triumph Trident at Daytona. I pulled up in his draft then went around him in the Tri-oval on a stock but we'll tuned XS2. Stock carbs and head pipes with Emgo shorties, no baffles. I was well tucked, throttle pinned, left hand on the fork tube, elbows in!
What year at Daytona? I used to race Formula Vee, and raced at Daytona many times in the 80's. Aero is so important. Any pics?

Back