Make Offer - my new tank logo

schlakeandbake308

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
yamaha has one major problem... their font and logo is kind of boring. its been hard for me to come up with something to put on my tank, and i didn't want to use triumph or norton font. so i made my own with the help of a local shop. its the original nippon gakki logo, which was used on yamaha original pianos, surrounded by script. i will have the vector later this week. if enough people are interested, i can make it available. I think its going to look awesome, let me know what you guys think. i will have the first logo tomorrow. vector format as well. i didn't want to put free yet, because i haven't seen it rendered, but I'm not looking for money haha

Attachments

• IMG_1403-2.jpg
    IMG_1403-2.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 277
thats what i started with. its too cool not to use. ill post pictures when i pick them up tomorrow. i can't believe how cool it turned out. when the vectors done, I'm pretty sure it can go into any color combo you want. I'm doing mine in 4 inches to go on a cafe build. its the special tank with the offset filler cap. cream paint, a black stripe offset along the cap, and that logo on the side. i can't wait

Attachments

• IMG_1382-1.jpg
    IMG_1382-1.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 148
,,,Japanese dragon holding a tuning fork in its mouth? That's so retro and totally cool! Imagine inputing that in a CNC and cranking out generator covers? Such a great logo! ,,,wonder why they never brought it back? It would look perfectly at home on a rat-bobber, or a café, or a,,,

here is what it looks like on a tank! I'm not going to sell the decals, i simply don't have time to keep track of sales and whatnot. Figure8 got my only set left, but the vector image is available to anyone who wants it. pm me your email and ill send it. the artwork is about $70 and a vinyl sign shop, since its done having them made should only cost about $10

Attachments

• IMG_2263.jpg
    IMG_2263.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 136
I'm making the vector on this available, anyone interested let me know via PM and i will provide the vector, i only ask that when you have it on your bike you post a pic!

Attachments

• IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    321.6 KB · Views: 123
here is PDF file for those who want it. I was told that it can be done easily by the folks at Signs By Tomorrow, the place who made it for me in oklahoma city. i spoke with them today about it and we can make them in mass if enough people are interested, we just have to come to a consensus on sizing and whatnot. Bigger the order, the cheaper they are. i paid $10 each for 3 pairs, but they said the price will drop substantially. happy to do it at cost. just need to know who all is interested

Attachments

• Decals - Yamaha.pdf
    95.9 KB · Views: 284
Back