My take on the billet triple

bobber bill

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
This is my take on a custom top triple for the XS650. This is a more "custom" triple, with no provisions for gauges or any other bells and whistles like durgam_K's designs. I wanted a more chopper or cafe-esque top clamp so I came up with this very simple design.

As of now I don't have plans to mass produce and/or sell. But that's not to say that if there is enough interest, I won't. I hope to have a working prototype for myself within a week or so.

xstriplescreen2.jpg

That's a pretty picture.
:popcorn: :popcorn:
Would like to see the real thing when you get there keep us posted.........

1. He already has a design, I like it, and it saves me the time to design and program.
2. Helping out a fellow member.

THAT is one HOT looking setup! All those allenhead screws, machined billet everything! You sir, have talent and skill. :bow::bow::bow: My dream frontend set up.

I can do these for $120 shipped each. I will need 10 people to commit with a 30% deposit to start the first run.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the space under the tree between the steering locknuts, shouldn't that be flush? Also, what is keeping the stem/tree fit from twisting or flexing other than the top nut? I really like this piece :thumbsup:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the space under the tree between the steering locknuts, shouldn't that be flush? Also, what is keeping the stem/tree fit from twisting or flexing other than the top nut? I really like this piece :thumbsup:

There aren't any bearings on the stem. They were removed for powedercoat

The top clamp is held in place with the fork tubes and rotates freely on the steering stem. This is a common design feature on top clamps. My 2006 R6 top clamp is this way as are most other modern sportbikes. These are 350-400 lb bikes with 100-200 HP that regularly exceed 150mph. Even race bikes with well over 200 HP run factory triples without steering pinch bolts

Looks awesome! You can put me down for 1 for sure, maybe 2 for my other build. How soon can you have them made? I got money burning a hole in my pocket.

Once the deposits are in, it should take no more than 2 weeks to finish the first run.

I may start accepting deposits soon. So far it sounds like we're halfway to 10 orders

Back