mystery thingy on Standard seat pans

DogBunny

Motorcychologist
Top Contributor
Reaction score
DSC02942.jpgDSC02941.jpg
It occurred to me that I have no idea what this thing is, Has no discernable (to me) purpose. It is not a bumper, and it does not contact the frame or anything else, I believe.

Dont know either .But I have heard of holes in metal parts .Only there for handling in the assembly process.
Story was many had quit the design department .And there was a hole in the Auto part that had no
function ( To them ) Not being able to figure it out they redesigned removed the hole.
But the hole was used at the assembly line for feeding that part to the assembly .A hole for a hook.
Had to put a man punch holes in it afterwards

? Holder when inserting the strap Screw ? Getting the tension in the Strap ?

Dont know either .But I have heard of holes in metal parts .Only there for handling in the assembly process.
Story was many had quit the design department .And there was a hole in the Auto part that had no
function ( To them ) Not being able to figure it out they redesigned removed the hole.
But the hole was used at the assembly line for feeding that part to the assembly .A hole for a hook.
Had to put a man punch holes in it afterwards

? Holder when inserting the strap Screw ? Getting the tension in the Strap ?
Good story on the auto part. But I can't believe that the "thing" has anything to do with production. Too much effort goes into adding it. It is a separately stamped and welded-on addition. It is "soft," i.e. it extends out in a way that makes it somewhat flexible. It had a purpose, but by the time production started,things changed, and no one ever spotted that they should eliminate it. That's what I think.

Back