Need wiring help

I have a HD too but know enough not to go announcing it as my intro to every and any given opening line.
It just irks me when some folks do this cause immediately I think "okay, macho status biker apologizing to himself for admitting he's working on a Yamaha."

The only not drunk reason any one would go on the HD riders forum and post about "american crap" would be if they were looking to start a war and get banned.

It's just troll like and he hasn't chimed in since.
The many friendly, knowledgeable here are pretty easy going for the most part and if he'd searched at all for 5 seconds he'd find all the info he'd ever need.

My 2cents only.

I don't have a problem with the bike-bashing; it's really a hoot when a guy who doesn't know enough about his own ride to know that he's using Showa forks, a Mikuni carb, and electrics by Hitachi and ND starts mouthing off about "Jap crap." No, what I despise with all the venom in my cold and shriveled old heart is a twit who plays "Write It Again Just For Me" and demands to be spoon fed. This particular twit was directed to the tech section, where everything he needs is already posted; but that didn't suffice. You have good instincts, James, you called it early: 5-year-old behavior

Thanks. Guessing just ground the alt to neg on battery? Need to ground battery to frame? Pretty sure I have already fried a reg/rec and hate to do it again! Had spark cranked, killed it. Never had fire again! And I used to wire cop cars for lights and radios. (Head Hanging Low) :doh:

Is there a way to test rec/reg with a volt meter? Really hate to fork out cash if it's not the problem! Could be buying other parts with the cash! Thanks ahead of time.

Nope just understand good old AMERICAN wiring this jap shit sucks so far.

NO guys... He understands AMERICAN wiring.. this jap stuff is totally different.. DUH!:laugh:

I remember when I was getting MECP ceritifed, they were asking me if I wanted to learn american wiring, or japanese wiring...

I just reread this thread and was wondering why people are accusing the OP for "jap crap" bashing. Nowhere did I read anything like that.
In the first thread he mentioned that he was a Harley guy and asking for help. He didn't say anything about "jap crap".
Asfar as wiring goes the main difference between a Harley and our XS's is that the Harley's use a PMA and our XS's used a FIA, as in Feild Excited Alternator. Just get that straight and averthing else is the same.
Leo

Nope just understand good old AMERICAN wiring this jap shit sucks so far. Ya checked it, more or less just looking for a parts list for simple wiring

Actually, XSLeo, he did. Not sure it warranted the resulting dogpile, but it wasn't exactly the ideal formula for ensuring cooperation either.

Back