Need wiring help

jkrenzel

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Alright guys normally a Harley guy here taking a swing at building a XS, but I need some help with the wiring process. I picked up a 79 with no wiring at all, I recently purchased a wiring harness kit from tc bros now I need to find out what else I need to buy. I am doing just simple wiring headlight, taillight and battery. Can someone help draw up a diagram with the wiring harness. :D

So because you are harley guy, we should explain it like you are 5?

peepwall.gif

Nope just understand good old AMERICAN wiring this jap shit sucks so far. Ya checked it, more or less just looking for a parts list for simple wiring

Yep wiring is wiring. Most bikes use similar systems as well. Plenty of diagrams in the electrical section. As for "Jap Crap", don't forget H-D electrical parts are made in Japan, China, Thailand and India. Same as the genuine clothes too. Check the tag. Don't forget about the Yuasa batteries, Mikuni carbs and those German pistons.
;)

I like this one.. Shows a basic points diagram, with boxes for later parts. You just swap boxes to match what you got. SAnd the TC Bro's harness is a wate of money. $10 in parts and you pay $90. Not a good deal to my way of thinking.
Leo

Attachments

• 314w9s3.jpg
    314w9s3.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 199
If the bike is an 80 up then it won't get much simpler than this.
Leo

Attachments

• LostFile_JPG_30319280.jpg
    LostFile_JPG_30319280.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 184
You would really be surprised at how many members on here own several Harleys, and not just "Ready to Biker" new ones or crap AMF'ers. Some of us don't like our bikes being called Jap shit either. We put a lot of time and money into our bikes and have had every single nut, bolt and piece through our hands, not a paid mechanics.

Back