Neutral light sender went awol.

Firerunner

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I finally got my bike running, and went on a little shakedown run today. Everything was good, except I noticed that my neutral light sending unit was missing when I got home. Now I'm worried about what else might have escaped out of the hole. Also, I don't have a neutral light, so the sender might be superfluous. Is it needed for anything else (holding in a spring or something), or could I plug the hole with a suitable bolt? If so, does anyone know what size it would be?

Ok, after looking on Ebay, I have another theory. I will have to get home to confirm it, unless one of you can help out. At the same time that I noticed this was missing, Neutral became unusually hard to find. Usually it isn't this bad, but I spent about ten minutes trying to find it at the same time that I noticed that the part was missing. Could the missing part be a neutral detent? It would be located next to the dipstick, an inch or so inboard on the right side of the upper case.

http://www.amckayltd.com/Shift fork.jpg Maybe I am missing #22 on this diagram? Where is that cap/bolt located in reference to the oil dipstick?

Dang it. I need to buy a shop manual.

Back