New member from Florida

Rotten Egg

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, cool site. Lots of cool builds going on here.
I live in Brevard Florida, and am a roofer by trade. Been in the trades almost 30 years, and have been getting more & more into metal as time goes by.

Not a Yamaha owner yet, but I've built a couple of bikes, and I'd like to build an xs 650.

To me the term "Bobber" is overused, but I guess I'm getting used to it, and it pretty much describes the style I like.
I know there are plenty of purists, but I think most stock bikes look better chopped or modified somehow.

My last project was a '72 Triumph 650 that I hard tailed (pic below). I really like that style bike -light weight & simple-, so it was a natural for me to like the xs650's too.

What I also like about them is how reasonably priced the bikes & parts are. I'm so sick of billet this & chrome that, & high prices in general.
To me, the fun is not only in the build, but in getting it done at an affordable cost.

The more Harleys that are at a local bike night, the more I'd rather show up on my Triumph or on a Chopped xs650.

Rick.

Attachments

• DSC01262 (3).JPG
    DSC01262 (3).JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 133
I really like the Triumph! that look was pretty much just what I wanted when I started my project, Welcome to the forum and good luck with everything. :)
Aunty Em
Tampa

Back