New Yamaha parts not what I expected

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Damnitt!! :mad:

I'm so anal that I ordered a lot of new bolt's and nut's just to get the correct ones. No markings on the heads. So I thought.

This stuff I got today has big numbers on the heads. Hell. The stuff I can get at the hardware store only has little markings on it.

Maybe I'm just too anal. :shrug:

Rant off. :banghead:

Exactly which bolts were you looking to replace? I've had good luck using stainless ones for some of the small M6's. They come with extruded numbers or letters on the heads but a few minutes with a file, then some 400 paper and a quick run on the buffer get them looking mighty fine, just like chrome .....

PerchClampBolts.jpg

InnerFenderBolt.jpg

TailLightBolt.jpg

Exactly which bolts were you looking to replace? I've had good luck using stainless ones for some of the small M6's. They come with extruded numbers or letters on the heads but a few minutes with a file, then some 400 paper and a quick run on the buffer get them looking mighty fine, just like chrome .....

PerchClampBolts.jpg

InnerFenderBolt.jpg

TailLightBolt.jpg

Clutch perch bolts, triple tree pinch bolts, and master cylinder mounting bolts mainly. You know. Anything you see.

It's funny you mention the stainless stuff. I actually had the stuff in my hands at Fastenal. And considered doing just as you said. But I thought, na,, I'll get the right stuff. Boy was I fooled.

Damnitt!! :mad:

I'm so anal that I ordered a lot of new bolt's and nut's just to get the correct ones. No markings on the heads. So I thought.

This stuff I got today has big numbers on the heads. Hell. The stuff I can get at the hardware store only has little markings on it.

Maybe I'm just too anal. :shrug:

Rant off. :banghead:

Hi Cal,
OK to be anal but only about what's important.
Never mind how big the numbers are, what's important is what they say.
If they don't say 8.8 they ain't right.

Back